Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Does Intel HD 2500 Integrated Graphics that comes with core-i3 3rd Gen processor support UEFI Boot?

therajeshmodak
Beginner

I have Zebronics H61 motherboard and Intel core i3-3220 3rd Gen processor with 1.79 GB Intel HD Graphics 2500 as integrated graphics. My pc boot mode is now in Legay CMS BIOS, but I want to change my boot mode to UEFI when I reinstall windows. My motherboard supports UEFI boot. Does my integrated graphics that came with Intel processor support UEFI boot mode?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, no, it is always going to have the OpROM. What's important here is that the OpROM provides both a Video BIOS to support Legacy and a UEFI Video Driver to support UEFI Boot. I see the BIOS has a parameter for Launch Video OpROM Policy and that it is currently set to [Legacy Only]. I hope that there is a setting for [UEFI and Legacy]. If so, change it to that now. You should then be able to leave at that setting and have it support both your current Legacy Booting Windows image and a new image setup for UEFI Booting.

...S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

therajeshmodak, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, the Intel® Core™ i3-3220 Processor is under status of: End Of Interactive Support / Discontinued, as you can see in the link below:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/65693/intel-core-i3-3220-processor-3m-cache-3-30-ghz.html

So, even though Intel® technical support will no longer be provided for this kind of products, still, as an option you may want to try our Discontinued Products Community to get recommendations from fellow community members:

https://community.intel.com/t5/tag/Discontinued%20Products/tg-p/tag-id/919?profile.language=en

Or you may also find the Discontinued Products Website helpful to address your request:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

n_scott_pearson
Super User

UEFI Boot has nothing to do with graphics operation. If a BIOS is going to provide support for UEFI Boot, then it will need to include a Video BIOS OpROM that provides a UEFI driver. Unless the BIOS contains a bug, they will have validated this capability long before you see the BIOS.

...S

therajeshmodak
Beginner

My BIOS shows Video BIOS OpROM option, so that means next time can I install windows 10 in UEFI boot mode?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, no, it is always going to have the OpROM. What's important here is that the OpROM provides both a Video BIOS to support Legacy and a UEFI Video Driver to support UEFI Boot. I see the BIOS has a parameter for Launch Video OpROM Policy and that it is currently set to [Legacy Only]. I hope that there is a setting for [UEFI and Legacy]. If so, change it to that now. You should then be able to leave at that setting and have it support both your current Legacy Booting Windows image and a new image setup for UEFI Booting.

...S