Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15143 Discussions

Does Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics support USC-C graphics out (vs HDMI)?

JoshGDC
Novice

I'm trying to connect my HP Laptop to  UPerfect UStream K116 external gaming monitor vis USC-C, but the monitor doesn't receive a signal.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
You'll need to tell us the full product code for this laptop
...S
0 Kudos
JoshGDC
Novice

HP Spectre X360 13.5" 2-in-1  Product code: 3Y827AV

Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1255U  16GB RAM

System Board: 8940 98.80

Iris Graphics version: 31.0.101.5081 (12/9/2023)

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JoshGDC,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I realize how complicated it is and it will be a pleasure to assist you on this matter.

I checked the HP website and did not find information about any other video port (HDMI, DP, VGA, etc), however, this could be stated clearly on their webpage (https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-spectre-x360-135-2-in-1-laptop-14t-ef000-3y843av-1#techSpecs). Are you able to connect your new monitor witha different cable to the laptop? If so, did it work?

Also, I would like to confirm this:

1. Have you been able to connect a different monitor via USB-C before?

2. Did you happen to check with HP to see if the USB-C port is meant for power or video?

3. Did you confirm with HP if this new monitor is compatible?

4. DId you test with HP drivers?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I could be wrong but, according to what I am reading here: https://www.hp.com/us-en/laptops-and-2-in-1s/spectre.html#modal=hp-spectre-x360-135, this laptop supports Thunderbolt 4 on its USB-C ports. This would imply that support for a DisplayPort stream is provided in both USB-C connectors, accessible via Thunderbolt 4 or USB DisplayPort Alt Mode.

If you are having issues connecting this monitor, it may be *how* you are attempting to connect it. Please provide more information on what connection(s) you have attempted.

[Aside: In my experience with portable monitors (I have two of them, one 1080p and one 1800p, from different manufacturers), I have had problems using the USB-C-to-USB-C cables that they provided. Instead, using a good (read: supports HDMI 2.0b, 4K@60Hz) USB-C-to-HDMI dongle and the HDMI cable provided with the monitor, I was able to get them working just fine. Shouldn't have to do this, I agree.]

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
JoshGDC
Novice

Thanks, Scott.

I bought an HDMI to HDMI-mini dongle, connected the mini to the remote monitor and the HDMI to the laptop via a USB hub and traditional HDMI cable -- and it works.

Thanks for your help. 

I will try again to go directly through USB-C, but not until after a trip outside the country.

0 Kudos
UK_WIC
Beginner

Recently I've seen a lot of users trying to connect HP Docking station 4's  and Hub monitors but fail as a USB Connector Manager driver UCM-UCSI ACPI device is showing an error 43 in Device Manager

To fix simply perform a hard reset 

shutdown windows, disconnect the power and press and hold the power button for 20 seconds, then reconnect and sign-in  - it might be similar   for this issue too

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Good luck. In my case, I always assumed that the issue was because I was using older chipsets with a lack of support for TBT4/USB4. This causes lane contention issues when using USB-C to USB-C cables as the bandwidth for the DisplayPort channel is cut in half to support USB. In your case, you have 12th gen processor and you definitely have support for TBT4 and USB4, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I have a 12th gen laptop, with TBT4/USB4 and have no problems using the two USB-C docks that I have (including one that has an NVMe SSD drive bay inside, which complicates the USB lane usage even more). In your case, I inherently knew what the problem was, but not why it was occurring... IJDK.

...S

0 Kudos