Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Does L16G7 support umwait (WAITPKG)?

Nian
Beginner

According to this site and this document, Tremont is supposed to support UMWAIT (WAITPKG).

However, when I trying to read CPUID in my Samsung Galaxy Book S (intel L16G7), it seems that WAITPKG is not supported... (which is also reported here).

I wonder whether L16G7 supports UMWAIT or not?

Thanks in advance.

Note: "document" hotlink updated 6/21 by Moderator - this new information may make some of this content not applicable anymore.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Nian,

I would like to provide an update on this thread.

After reviewing the information on our side I need to inform you that “Lakefield” processors do not support the umwait(WAITPGK) instructions.

The document where you reviewed this information is not updated; therefore, Intel is working on it and will update the document as necessary.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Nian,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

In order to provide an answer to your concern I will further investigate this for you.

We will update this thread as soon as possible.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Nian,

I would like to provide an update on this thread.

After reviewing the information on our side I need to inform you that “Lakefield” processors do not support the umwait(WAITPGK) instructions.

The document where you reviewed this information is not updated; therefore, Intel is working on it and will update the document as necessary.

Esteban D.

Nian
Beginner
Sorry to hear that but thanks for the information!
0 Kudos