Processors
IntelĀ® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Does T8300 Compatible With my Motherboard?šŸ¤”

ATĆ¼fe
Beginner

Hello

I have an old version of Intel Cpu and id like to upgrade it to T9300 or T8300 from T6600.

My PC is HP Compaq Presario CQ61. If i buy that processor, will it work on my laptop? And if u have a better idea just let me know :)

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to ask HP what processors are compatible, and then select from those processors.

An upgrade processor must be socket, chipset, and bios compatible. Only HP can tell you which processors THEIR BIOS supports.

You can compare the three processors here: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=37255,33099,33917

These processors are from 2008 and worthless in today's modern world. Upgrading your laptop will really not be of benefit to you.

My opinion? Get a new laptop that supports Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
ATĆ¼fe
Beginner

Hello

First of all thank you for your kind answer. For now buying new laptop is overbudget for me, I just wanna relax my laptop little bit. 2.20 ghz is to low and virtualisation memory is too low on t6600. Maybe little bit up might be usefull for this 10 years old laptop :)

Thank you

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Save your money to invest in a new(er) laptop. An upgrade processor is not going to help you that much.

And, if you are running Windows 10, you are completely unsupported.

Doc

0 Kudos
ATĆ¼fe
Beginner

Yeah pc has w10. Thank you again :) I think i wont upgrade...

0 Kudos