Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Does a stand-alone driver download exist for Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1271 v3 @ 3.60GHz?

Servant
Beginner

I am looking for a driver for Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1271 v3 @ 3.60GHz because I think I have a corrupt driver installed.

Intel Driver Support Assistant thinks my driver is up to date, but I want to install it again anyway.

The Intel internal website link to the driver for this processor (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80908/intel-xeon-processor-e31271-v3-8m-cache-3-60-ghz) is broken and takes me to the general search page which, after filtering through the dropdown menus, only brings me to an incompatible driver even though it says it is compatible.

Does a stand-alone driver download exist for Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1271 v3 @ 3.60GHz?

Thank you.

Joshua

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What driver?  There are no downloads for your discontinued processor.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/80908/intel-xeon-processor-e31271-v3-8m-cache-3-60-ghz.html

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Servant
Beginner

I understand this is a discontinued processor, and I am not expecting continued development on it.  What I am expecting to find is the driver that was already developed for this processor.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

There is no driver. 

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Servant
Beginner

There most definitely is a driver, and I can obtain it from other sources, but I feel better about getting it from the device manufacturer directly as that is the industry best practice.

It is good to learn that Intel does not maintain a database of all drivers they ever created (although I can't imagine they are unable to afford the server storage space for such when third party sources are perfectly capable of this, so it must be an arbitrary decision to dump old drivers in order to coerce people to upgrade when an upgrade is unnecessary).  I'll remember this the next time I am shopping around.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello Servant,

Thank you for joining the community 

I understand that you are looking for available drivers for the Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1271 v3, they are not available on our download center as these drivers are made available to server motherboard and system manufacturers and it is up to those manufacturers to make graphics drivers available for the Xeon processor graphics, some systems will support the standard display driver that comes from the operating system and some other will post customize the driver and have them available on the Server systems support page.

We recommend you to try the driver available in this link, as there is a good chance that these may work with your CPU:

Please let us know the outcome, If they do not work recommend you to check with the server motherboard or system manufacturer if they offer drivers for download.

I will be waiting for your response, in case we do not hear from you, we are going to follow-up on this case on 11/03rd  if you have any response prior to this email feel free to contact us back.  

Regards 

Paul R. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit: 

https://intel.com/support/serverbios 

Servant
Beginner

Thank you, Paul, for the response and information.

That makes sense about this being a server processor and curated by the motherboard and server manufacturers.

The driver you linked is the one I originally tried when I first came to the Intel site, however it requires an integrated GPU which this processor does not have.  Still, I appreciate your response.

As I have this CPU installed in a custom-built desktop built by myself, there is therefore no manufacturer for me to contact, so I will continue to use other sources for the driver.

I appreciate your time and effort.  Thank you!

Joshua

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello Servant,

I hope you are doing great, I am glad to hear that the information provided has been helpful.

We will close this thread. You can still reopen the thread by replying back.

Thank you for choosing Intel.  

Regards,

Paul R. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit: 

https://intel.com/support/serverbios 

0 Kudos