Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

Does all processors supporting Intel® Resource Director Technology (Intel® RDT) also support Intel® Cache Allocation Technology?

NLiya
Beginner

Hi I'm looking to buy a server with Xeon Silver 4208 processor to use Intel CAT. It shows in product specification that it supports intel RDT. Is it correct to expect all processors supporting Intel RDT also supports Intel CAT?

Or does this processor not support intel CAT?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JoseH_Intel

Hello NLiya,

Thank you for joining the community.

As you correctly state the Resource Director Technology is a set of features in which Cache Allocation Technology (CAT) is part of, among Cache Monitoring Technology (CMT), Code and Data Prioritization (CDP) and Memory Bandwidth Monitoring (MBM).

CAT is present in Xeon processors since the E5 v4 family. So since this Xeon Silver 4208 supports RDT it is correct to state that it supports CAT too.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello NLiya,

Thank you for joining the community.

As you correctly state the Resource Director Technology is a set of features in which Cache Allocation Technology (CAT) is part of, among Cache Monitoring Technology (CMT), Code and Data Prioritization (CDP) and Memory Bandwidth Monitoring (MBM).

CAT is present in Xeon processors since the E5 v4 family. So since this Xeon Silver 4208 supports RDT it is correct to state that it supports CAT too.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

JoseH_Intel

Hello NLiya,

I am just following up to double-check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this ticket as resolved. This support interaction will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 3 business days if no activity is received. 

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

NLiya
Beginner

Thank you Jose_Intel. That answered my question.

0 Kudos