Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

Does anyone know a guide for Undervolt I5 8500 with arockz370m mini ITX motherboard?

ACiot1
Beginner

Does anyone know a guide for Undervolt I5 8500 with arockz370m mini ITX motherboard? I would like to lower temperatures while maintaining the same performance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello ACiot1, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I would like to let you know that Intel does not recommend the change of voltage of the processor, this is because it would mean that you are operating the processor out of specifications. Also, keep in mind that there is no Intel tool that would allow you to lower the voltage since your processor is not an unlocked (K) processor. You can try checking in the BIOS to see if there is any way to undervolt the processor if you would like or any community member can share their findings with you; nevertheless, keep in mind that Intel does not recommend doing so and it could also affect the warranty of the unit since it would be working out of specifications. You can contact the manufacturer of the motherboard to see if there is a way to change the settings in their BIOS. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos