Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14397 Discussions

Does anyone know who I would contact about physical chip packages and layout concerns?

jstonecypher
Beginner

I'm specifically looking for info on the Tiger Lake PCH chip.  The footprint I have been given for it is pretty unusual and there must be an explanation for it.  Tech support has been useless but this information has to exist somewhere.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello jstonecypher,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you have some inquiries about your processor.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the exact brand and model of your processor?

2. Can you provide more details about the information that you are requesting?

3. Why are you looking for this information?

4. Are you working on a project? If so, can you provide more details?

5. Can you provide any picture or link of the "footprint" given?

6. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

7. You mentioned that the "tech support has been useless", did you open a support ticket with us?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello jstonecypher,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
jstonecypher
Beginner

Deivid,

I had given up but let's try one more time.

1.  The part number is FH82RM590E S RKLR.

2.  The footprint has a large rectangle with no pins in it.  It seems like there must be some kind of a noise issue there.  Also, the pin pitch varies widely.  I would like to see how you guys planned for the fan-out to work in some of the more awkward areas.

3.  I'm working on a design for a customer who wants to use the Tiger Lake chip set.  The datasheets I've seen do not cover this information and it could be critical to a proper layout.

4.  I don't want to give too many details of the customer's project here, but they have signed and NDA with Intel.

5.  Attached.

6.  Desktop.

7.  2 of them:  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello jstonecypher, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello jstonecypher,  

After the research was performed, I would like to let you know that we have a specific forum for this kind of issue and product, it is called the Intel Developer Zone. There you will receive the appropriate support on this and other concerns you may have related to this product.  

In addition, you can also check on the embedded communities. Here you will find the links to access the website and the community forums:  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
jstonecypher
Beginner

That's where I started Deivid.  You are just continuing the circle.

0 Kudos