Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

Does  i7-10700 support PCIE L1SS?

Wei2015
Beginner

Hello,

I came to here after two days' search in HP website and google.

I bought one Z2 G5 SFF, which has CPU i7-10700. I want to plug in one NIC with PCIE L1 sub-states capability, but seems Z2 G5 can't support it. No related options in BIOS (I only found one ASPM option). 

I checked PCIE configuration space. @0x200 L1 Sub-States Extended Capability Header is 0x0000, which means L1 sub-state is not supported.

My understanding is Intel i7-10700 should support L1SS. But how come HP disable it in BIOS? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is PCIE L1SS a capability of chipset or platform?

Thanks in advance.

Wei

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Wei2015, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that the PCIe slots are controlled by the BIOS, which means the motherboard (chipset). However, the manufacturer (HP) can place some restrictions at the BIOS level on some features for any of the components of their machine.

We could not find an exact match for "PCI-E L1SS", but based on the datasheet for the Intel® Core™ i7-10700 Processor, seems that support L1 Sub-States Extended Capabilities. You can find the information in the following link from page 680 to 687 under 10th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family> Intel® 400 series chipset family Platform Controller Hub (PCH)> Datasheet, Volume 2:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/core-technical-resources.html

I recommend you to get in contact with HP to confirm if their device supports it and to get appropriate instructions to proceed.                                                                                                                     

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos