Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

Does my i7 6500u have a tpm chip?

AquaticPanda12345

I use a dell inspiron with an intel i7 6500u processor and i need to know if it has a tpm module. This is to install windows 11 whenever it comes out. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

PTT was released during the Haswell Refresh (late 2013), and was tested on every 5th gen and later Core-based NUC (except those with real TPM) and almost all of the 5th gen and later Atom/Celeron/Pentium SOC processors.

However, Microsoft is currently only supporting 8th gen processors and later, and are unlikely to ever include 6th gen processors.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

PTT was released during the Haswell Refresh (late 2013), and was tested on every 5th gen and later Core-based NUC (except those with real TPM) and almost all of the 5th gen and later Atom/Celeron/Pentium SOC processors.

However, Microsoft is currently only supporting 8th gen processors and later, and are unlikely to ever include 6th gen processors.

0 Kudos
AquaticPanda12345
0 Kudos
AquaticPanda12345

When i go and check the windows insider preview in Windows settings it says that my PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements for windows 11.  i checked online and it says the PTT does the same thing as a TPM. When I enabled it in the BIOS it still said my PC wasn't compatible with even the preview versions. Is there a way to fix that so i can still experience the preview with just a PTT? 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You do not have an 8th gen or later processor.

There are a number of requirements for W11, not just PTT/TPM.

Go to MIcrosoft for support on W11 requirements.

0 Kudos
AquaticPanda12345

ok, thanks. I might just upgrade to a new pc

0 Kudos