Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Does "AI Suite 3" void intel core i7-11700 2.5GHz Warranty (Unlocked Version), if used for enhancmen

Rhartung84
Novice

My questions are complex.  I have a Gundam Z590 Motherboard, and an Intel Core i7-11700 2.5GHz processor.  I bought it so I could not overclock (not overvolt my system too).  ASUSTeK motherboards have software that overclocks/overvolts a processor by utilizing one-click methods.  Scenario number 1 is picture “AAA” attached to the post:  This is the DIGI+VRM window concerned with CPU “Performance and Power Saving”.  Can I utilize all these tools without voiding the Intel Core Warranty on a “locked” processor?  Scenario number 2 is picture “AAAA” attached to this post: This picture is also the DIGI+VRM window, but rather this window concentrates on CPU “Graphics” under the “Performance and Power Saving” tab of AI Suite 3.  Can I utilize all these tools without voiding the Intel Core Warranty on a “locked” processor?  Finally, picture “AAAAA” allows CPU frequencies to be adjusted.  I understand that moving the BCLK (Base Clock Frequency) will overclock/overvolt the CPU causing an Intel Core warranty to be voided. 

Ultimately, I want these features, but I will not if the features void the Intel Core processor warranties.  Can a professional let me know what I can justify and not justify concerning these two case scenarios underlining the third unjustifiable case scenario?  I would like to return my processor if there is a real problem. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Rhartung84

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

In order to review further these inquiries and provide you with the proper information, could you please confirm the exact model of the processor?

Do you have an Intel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor? or an Intel® Core™ i7-11700K Processor?

We noticed that you refer to Intel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor. However, we are asking for this confirmation since in the title of this post, you also mentioned "Unlocked Version".  Did you mean to an "Unlocked Processor"?

Unlocked processors are the ones optimized for enthusiasts looking to get high-performance overclocking for an added boost or for specific processor tuning by adjusting the CPU’s clock multiplier. Unlocked processors include the Suffixes K and X at the end of the SKU number.

Intel® Core™ i7-11700K Processor is Unlocked, and Intel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor is not (it is Locked). 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Rhartung84
Novice

Andrew G.,

Please accept my most sincere apology.  That was my mistake.  It is a "Locked" processor.  The locked feature of the processor is where my confusion stems from.  Since it is "locked," I am unsure of the proper modifications I can make while remaining inside Intel's warrany specifications.  Again, my apologies for this error.

Respectfully, 

Robert H.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Rhartung84

No problem, and thank you very much for your response and for the clarification.

Please allow us to review further your inquiries. As soon as we have more information available, we will be posting it here in the thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Rhartung84
Novice

Andrew G.,

Thank you for all your help.  Have a good night.

Respectfully,

Robert H.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Rhartung84

After reviewing this further, we would like to inform you that since the Intel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor is locked, any changes made to the processor frequency or voltage will void the warranty. By using the tool, it will be changing settings and will affect processor performance. Therefore, we strongly recommend checking with the motherboard manufacturer (OEM) for further details on locked units.

For your convenience, here is the link to ASUS* Support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Rhartung84

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. If not, please let us know if it is ok to close this thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Rhartung84

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos