Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Does the Flip Chip BGA Device package is vented or not vented?

Tataria
Beginner

Hello,

I am using following parts.

Source MPN Supplier Package
10M08SAM153I7G MBGA
FH8065301989700-SR3V3 FCBGA
GG8067402570801-SR2M5 FCBGA
GG8067402569000SR2DH FCBGA
GG8067402569000SR2DH FCBGA
GG8067402570801-SR2M5 FCBGA

Some Manufacturer have, vent on the Flip Chip BGA Device package.

Some BGA packages are not hermetically sealed, and exposure to cleaning solvents or excessive moisture during board assembly can pose serious package reliability concerns. Small vents are placed by design between the heatspreader (lid) and the organic substrate to allow for outgassing and moisture evaporation.

So I like to know if all these above parts are vented or not vented?

Thank you so much for your time.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Tataria

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Checking the part numbers (also known as Ordering Codes, Spec codes, etc.) we noticed that there are two repetitive entries in the list you shared: "GG8067402570801-SR2M5" and "GG8067402569000SR2DH". Just saying in case you need to review the information you provided.

We would like to inform you that we have different support forums for different products. Based on the part numbers you provided and the information on Intel's Product Specifications website (under Ordering and Compliance), we understand this request is regarding different products:

For the Intel® Xeon® Processors, we are routing this thread to the proper team. Please expect a response from them in regards to the Xeon® Processors' request.

For the other products, we have a forum for those specific products and questions. For the Intel Atom® Processor E3805, please post your question in the Embedded Intel Atom® Processors Forum.

For inquiries regarding Intel® MAX® 10 10M08 FPGA, please post your questions on the Programmable Devices Forum or on the appropriate subforum on the FPGAs and Programmable Solutions forums.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Tataria
Beginner

Hello Andrew,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Also thank you for routing my question to right people.

Sorry about the repeated entry.

I am looking forward to get the answer for the following parts.

Thank you so much for your time and support.

Mukesh

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Tataria,

Thank you for joining the Intel community

In regards to your question, we would like to encourage you to post the technical information you are looking for in the following community site:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Server/bd-p/emb-server-hardware-software-firmware .

They can help you with additional questions about Intel Xeon D Embedded Processors.

Also, if you already know the FAE ( Field Application Engineer ) that corresponds to you, you can contact them to gather more details.

Have a great day.

Best regards,

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos