Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14815 Discussions

Driver error on SLES15 SP4 for Intel 4th Gen Xeon (8490H) CPU on HPE DL380 Gen11 sever

chandan_jais
New Contributor I

I am using new server which is based on HPE DL380 Gen11 (2S  Intel xeon 8490H) and SLES15 SP4 with latest kernel 5.14.21-150400.24.60-default and latest hardware firmwares, this is new server with 1TB memory and SAN bootable, this will use for SAP HANA DB , and using Mission Critical workload profile in BIOS.

First when installed then I was getting qat_4xxx firmware error which fixed from this SUSE KB (https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=000020576), and have to enable Intel VT-d and SR-IOV in BIOS  and which is not recommended by SAP but still for testing enabled. Now after that getting more errors and there is no fix available in SUSE nor HPE. Please see below error and attached error_log.txt for more details.

Please help me to fix this, as I am troubleshooting this from last 3 days.

[ 7.996341] i8042: probe of i8042 failed with error -5
[ 14.985091] 4xxx: probe of 0000:70:00.0 failed with error -22
[ 14.985100] 4xxx: probe of 0000:7a:00.0 failed with error -22
[ 14.985106] 4xxx: probe of 0000:ed:00.0 failed with error -22
[ 14.985112] 4xxx: probe of 0000:f7:00.0 failed with error -22
[ 21.850873] idxd 0000:74:01.0: Intel(R) IDXD DMA Engine init failed
[ 21.850913] idxd 0000:74:02.0: Intel(R) IDXD DMA Engine init failed
[ 22.462539] idxd 0000:f1:01.0: Intel(R) IDXD DMA Engine init failed
[ 22.462575] idxd 0000:f1:02.0: Intel(R) IDXD DMA Engine init failed

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Allan_A_Intel

Dear chandan_jais,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out to kindly request an update on your ticket.

Since our last communication, we have not received any updates from you regarding the status of your issue. We understand that circumstances may have evolved or that you may need more time to provide the necessary information. However, to ensure we continue providing you with the best support possible, we kindly ask you to provide us with an update on the current situation.

Your feedback and updates are essential in helping us address your concerns promptly and effectively. Please take a moment to respond to this message with any new information or developments regarding your ticket.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We value your business and remain committed to resolving any issues you are experiencing. Our team is here to support you every step of the way.

We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter. I will personally follow up with you again in three business days to check for your update and provide any further assistance needed.

Warm regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
chandan_jais
New Contributor I

Hello Allan,

Thanks for your response.

Hope you are doing good. 

I am still waiting response from my developer expert team, once I'll get update then share with you.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandan

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Dear Chandan,

Thank you for reaching out to us and providing an update. I hope you're doing well too! I understand that you are still awaiting a response from your developer expert team. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

To ensure that we can assist you further, could you please provide an estimated time for the completion of the task by your team? This will help us better plan our next steps and provide you with the necessary support.

Once you receive the update, kindly share it with us at your earliest convenience. In the meantime, I want to assure you that I will follow up on this matter again in three business days to check for any progress.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know. We value your partnership and remain committed to resolving this issue together.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos
chandan_jais
New Contributor I

Hello Allan,

Hope you are doing good.

Thanks for your reply !

Today I got update from the Developer Team that they have reproduced the driver error using RHEL 8.6 with default kernel and now investigating about that. May be till next week they can come with the status. I'll inform you once got update.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandan

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Dear Chandan,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to follow up on my previous communication sent on May 30th regarding the driver error investigation.

I sincerely hope that the update I have provided was helpful and addressed your concerns. As of now, I have not received any further communication from you, and I wanted to express my concern to ensure that everything is progressing smoothly on your end.

If there are any additional questions or issues that have arisen since our last correspondence, please do not hesitate to reach out. I am here to assist you and ensure that the driver error investigation is proceeding as expected.

In case you require any further information or updates, or if there is anything else I can do to support you, please feel free to let me know. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we want to ensure a seamless experience for you.

As a gentle reminder, I will be available to address any inquiries or updates that you may have. I truly appreciate your time and cooperation in this matter.

Thank you for your understanding and patience throughout this process. I value your partnership with us, and I assure you that we are committed to resolving this matter as swiftly as possible.

I will be in touch again in 3 business days to check on the progress and provide any necessary updates. Should you need assistance before that, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you once again for your continued cooperation. Looking forward to resolving this matter to your satisfaction.

Best regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
chandan_jais
New Contributor I

Hello Allan,

Thanks for your reply. Hope you are doing good.

I have checked with my expert team and they have reproduce the error in RHEL8.6 and working with Development Team to fix the issue. Due to that its taking time for final confirmation. If any update or fix I receive from Development team then I'll update you. So I would request you to please close this case as of now until further update.

Thanks & regards,

Chandan 

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Hello Chandan,

Thank you for your prompt response and well wishes. I hope you are doing well too!

I appreciate the efforts you and your expert team have put into investigating the issue in RHEL8.6. It's good to know that the error has been reproduced, and you are currently working with the Development Team to find a solution. I understand that resolving this matter may take some time, but I'm grateful for the attention you've given it.

Based on your update, I understand that the issue is being actively addressed, and I'm confident that the Development Team will work diligently to fix it. Considering the ongoing efforts to resolve the matter, I will proceed to close this case for now.

Please do keep me informed of any updates or fixes you receive from the Development Team in the future. I remain appreciative of your assistance and dedication to resolving this matter.

If you need any further information or have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you again for your support.

Best regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
chandan_jais
New Contributor I

Hello Allan,

This driver errors have been fixed in SLES15 SP5 and RHEL 8.8.

Tested on SLES15 Sp5 kernel: 5.14.21-150500.55.19-default

Thanks & Regards,

Chandan

0 Kudos