Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Driver problem

killamonjaro
Novice

I downloaded the newest driver to my processor through the Intel control center, it turned out to be less productive than my last one, since I forgot to make a restore point. I ask for help on how to find my previous driver, or how can I roll this one back to the old one?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What driver are you talking about?  The only driver for the processor would be the graphics driver.

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
killamonjaro
Novice

Intel® Graphics - BETA Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

This download installs the Intel® Graphics Beta Driver for 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th & 11th generation, Apollo Lake, Gemini Lake, Amber Lake, Whiskey Lake, Comet Lake, and Lakefield.
I installed this driver, but I need to roll back to the past, how do I do this?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You did not provide the ssu report.

But, I suppose you could install the latest released driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29904/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?v=t

0 Kudos
killamonjaro
Novice
0 Kudos
killamonjaro
Novice
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello killamonjaro,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system.

The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers.

Here you can see that the driver installed on your laptop (27.20.100.8873) is a BETA version from Intel (BETA drivers are prototypes and may be unstable). In this case, there is a possibility that the driver may not be compatible or is corrupted.

We recommend you to perform a clean installation to use the driver validated on the MSI* website.

1. Download the latest Graphics Driver from MSI*, version: 25.20.100.6519
  2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 
  3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel Programs and Features. 
  4. Restart the computer. 
  5. Confirm in Device Manager Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 
  6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager
    1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 
    2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    3. Click on 'Uninstall'
    4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 
  7. Install the previously downloaded Graphics Driver from MSI*.
  8. Reconnect to the Internet and reboot your PC.
  9. If the behavior persists, you can try the generic driver from Intel (stable version), just follow the same steps but download the version 27.20.100.8783.

We also notice that you are using the Windows* Build 18362, we highly recommend updating to the latest version Windows* 2004 build 19041.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello killamonjaro,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello killamonjaro,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 
Maria R.  

0 Kudos