Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

E810CQDA2 read speed problem

StepZz
Beginner
Hi, everyone!
I have some sort of problems with speed, my configuration is supermicro x11DPG-QT, 2x intel xeon 6248r, 256dd4, windows 10 20h2 for workstations and intel E810CQDA2. I'm using it with R@S spysernode sc (IBM spectrum scale) for film restoration, so the speed is pretty good when i'm writing on storage about 70 frames per second 4k dpx, but unfortunately not as well on reading only 31 frame. I've notice that only one core have 100% loading, i upgrade vmwere to 3.0 try different settings in intel pro set, upgrade windows but no use try to turn on and off hyper threading and virtualization in bios. For me it will be better to have 70 on reading and 30 on writing, may be there is a way to make reading performance better? Some sort of combining pro set settings or i have to install something additionally?
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello StepZz,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would like to clarify on your concern since you have mentioned that your encountering problems with your speed. 

Based on what you have mentioned you are wanting to put more performance on reading rather on writing speed, would this be for your hard drive storage that you are referring?

Can you also provide us the exact model of your SSD/HDD storage that you are using?  

Are you also having any problems with your network connectivity for your Intel Ethernet Network Adapter E810-CQDA2?

Just needing to advise as well, since the community group that you have posted is mainly for Ethernet connection concerns, we might need to refer you to a different community group instead if this would fall out of our scope of support. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
StepZz
Beginner

Hello Zigfreid!
You are right I would like to have more performance on reading.
There is no other problems with Intel E810CQDA2.
My storage is two Rohde&Schwarz SpycerNore SC, SSD, 60 disks and they can give about 90Gbps, it has mellanox connectX5 on bord dual port, connected to mellanox MSN2700 two links. To this mellanox connected my station on intelE810 and few more stations on mellanox conectX-4 and intel XL710-QDA2 40Gbe and mellanox conectX-5 100Gbe so reading speed about 16Gbps normal for 40 Gbe cards but 100Gbe mellanox can do about 30-33 on writing and reading, intel is better on writing about 40 but only 16-17 on reading so I'm shure it can give me more on reading and I think this is mostly some softwere issues because it only loads one core out of 40

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello StepZz,

Thank you for advising us and for answering the questions that we have asked. 

We will try to further check on this first to see if we can provide any assistance with your concern since we cannot guarantee an answer yet. 

Please provide us some time to have this check, is it ok if we can ask you to provide us between 2-3 business days to provide you an update? Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello StepZz,

As per checking on your concern this is more of a processor inquiry as it only uses a single core during "reading". We will be transferring this thread to the correct support group so that you can be assisted properly. Please do wait for the response of the succeeding team. Thank you and have a good day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello StepZz,

I hope you are doing great, I will continue to work on your ticket, please allow me to investigate further and I will get back to you, in the meantime I would like to know which software do you use, and if you have tried any reading test or other software to test the speed and the core utilization.

If we do not hear from you we will follow up in 2 business days

Paul R. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit: 

https://intel.com/support/serverbios 

0 Kudos
StepZz
Beginner

Thank you all for your help! As soon as possible, I will use the instructions.

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello StepZz,

I hope you are doing great, thank you for the update. we'd like to know what instructions you will use and where did you get them from, I don't see instructions being provided in this thread.

If we do not hear from you we will follow up in 3 business days

Paul R. 

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello StepZz,

We would like to follow up on your thread. We would like to know if you need further assistance. In case you do, we would highly appreciate if you would let us know

If we do not hear from you we will follow up in 3 business days

Paul R. 

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello StepZz,

We would like to follow up on your thread. We would like to know if you need further assistance. In case you do, we would highly appreciate if you would let us know

If we do not hear from you we will close this thread in 3 business days.

Paul R. 

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello StepZz,

We have not seen an update from your end, we will proceed to mark the thread as close. Thank you for choosing Intel.  

Regards 

Paul R. 

0 Kudos