Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Easy Streaming Wizard Installation Failure

JKenn21
Novice

I have made several attempts to install the Intel Easy Streaming Wizard on my PC and consistently get the error "Intel Easy Streaming Wizard is not supported on this processor." But I am running the latest Windows 10 on a Core i9-9900K system with 32GB of DDR4 memory. The 9900K is definitely on the compatibility list, so I am at a loss. I have already tried many re-downloads of the utility from the Intel website (v 2.1.0807) and have tried running as an administrator, but no luck. Can anyone offer a solution or insight? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JKenn21
Novice

Shutting off Kaspersky solved the issue. Thanks for your help, Suggested feedback:

Start up the Kaspersky User Interface; Click the settings icon at lower left (gear); Select Protection; Record what features are already off; Turn everything else off; Install the wizard; Turn everything back on that was not already off; you're done.

One observation: This is the first time I can ever recall my anti-virus software interfering with software installation. First time for everything, I guess

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the "latest" Windows 10? 1903? 1909? with all updates?

Have you updated the bios on your motherboard?

Doc

0 Kudos
JKenn21
Novice

Current OS: Windows Pro 64bit v1909 OS Build 18363.476; all available updates have been installed.

MOBO: MSI Z390I Gaming Edge AC. BIOS Version: E7C04IMS.160 (latest available version). All relevant drivers have been updated to latest available.

Intel Easy Streaming Wizard installer still will not recognize that I am running a supported CPU (Core i9-9900K)

0 Kudos
JKenn21
Novice

Can anyone help with this? Does Intel support monitor this board? I've gone as far as I can without expert guidance. This seems like it is a fairly significant problem (software not running on a system which clearly should support it.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello JKenn21,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 

Please run the following tool and attach the report generated to the thread.

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Please provide screenshots of the error.

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JKenn21
Novice

Here is SSY Scan Report

0 Kudos
JKenn21
Novice

Here is screen shot of error

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello JKenn21,

Thank you for your answer.

I will further investigate this error, please allow me some time to get back to you and update the thread.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello @JKenn21​ 

This is the first time I see this behavior with the Intel Easy Streaming Wizard. Your system certainly meets all the software requirements.

If any other user is having the same issue we could use your feedback here.

I was able to successfully install the application on my Core i5-9600K rig (I don't have a 9900K handy at the moment), so I would like to focus on your setup for now.

Please run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and attach the results in .txt file so we can check it out.

We could also use your processor's FPO/ATPO numbers for validation (feel free to send me this data via Private Message). Just to clarify, I don't think at this moment that your processor is defective, it is just to verify it is not a remark or Engineering Sample (this may cause the Streaming Wizard to go haywire)

Out of curiosity, is this a clean OS installation? I'm asking just to check if we might even consider issues caused by other applications.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
JKenn21
Novice

I have sent you the FPO/ATPO numbers via PM. Diagnostic Results to follow

I'm not sure what you mean by a clean OS installation. The system is a new build with Windows Pro 64bit v1909 OS Build 18363.476; all available updates have been installed. It also has Kaspersky, Acronis, iCue, and various Elgato utilities and MSI Dragon Center installed. As you may have guessed, I'm trying to use this as a dedicated streaming machine. I do not have a dedicated GPU, but am using the on board Intel graphics

0 Kudos
JKenn21
Novice

Here are the test results:

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Thanks for all the information provided!

By saying "Clean OS installation" I was referring to the standard OS installation that has not yet been loaded with 3rd party software, or an installation that was imaged from another computer.

The IPDT results are fine and the FPO/ATPO info you sent confirms it is 100% genuine processor (e.g. no remark or Engineering Sample).

This is a long shot, but try uninstalling or disabling the Antivirus and any 3rd party software that may be running on the background, particularly Acronis, iCue and MSI Dragon Center. My hypothesis at this point is that perhaps one of them might be preventing the Wizard's installer from properly identifying your processor.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
JKenn21
Novice
Would starting in “safe mode” achieve the same result and if so how do I do that ?
0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Perhaps it would do the trick, give it a shot.

I found this 3rd party article explaining how to boot in Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Regards,

0 Kudos
JKenn21
Novice
Well, Safe Mode does not start the Windows Installer service, nor can it be started manually while in Safe Mode. I’ll try to work on this tomorrow.
0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Let me know if you have an update on this situation.

0 Kudos
JKenn21
Novice

Shutting off Kaspersky solved the issue. Thanks for your help, Suggested feedback:

Start up the Kaspersky User Interface; Click the settings icon at lower left (gear); Select Protection; Record what features are already off; Turn everything else off; Install the wizard; Turn everything back on that was not already off; you're done.

One observation: This is the first time I can ever recall my anti-virus software interfering with software installation. First time for everything, I guess

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Awesome! thank you for your feedback and enjoy your streaming rig :)

0 Kudos