Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14510 Discussions

¿El procesador Intel Pentium Gold G5420, puede ser utilizado en notebook ?

dcord4
Beginner

Quiero comprarme una notebook proveniente de china, y me llama la atención ya que la misma posee este procesador, y en la pagina oficial de intel figura como un procesador de escritorio. gracias.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You will have to ask the notebook manufacturer which processors are supported by their bios.

Doc

0 Kudos
dcord4
Beginner

ok, but my question is : This processor ( Intel pentium Gold g5420), can be used in a notebook or only in a desktop computer ? No matter the bios. thank you

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The processor must be socket, chipset, and BIOS compatible to be used. And, if your current processor uses a bga socket, forget about it, as it is soldered to the motherboard.

Your first step is to ask the notebook manufacturer what processors are supported BY THEIR BIOS. Then, if your existing processor is not soldered to the motherboard, you can select a processor as allowed by the notebook manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
dcord4
Beginner

So let me see if i understood. You can put in your notebook any proccesor (corroborating the compatibility with bios, socket and chipset) no matter if this proccesor was made for desktop computer. Am I Right ?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If the notebook socket, chipset, and bios supports the processor, yes.

Now, there may be cooling concerns.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005682/processors.html

Doc

0 Kudos
dcord4
Beginner

Realy Thank you !!. Best regards !

0 Kudos