Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14520 Discussions

Enabling Turbo Boost Max Technology 2.0

avi12
Beginner

Hello. I have the i7 6950X processor, which supports Turbo Boost Max Technology 2.0 that came preinstalled with Win10 Pro.

However, after formatting the computer last month I lost the ability to launch the software.

Where can I get a download link? The Intel Driver & Support Assistant does not provide a download to this app.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello avi12,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. 

You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
avi12
Beginner

Unfortunately, the Discontinued Products website does not provide a download link to Turbo Boost Max Technology 2.0.

avi12_15-1678870636863.png

0 Kudos
KrissyG
New Contributor II

@avi12 wrote:

Unfortunately, the Discontinued Products website does not provide a download link to Turbo Boost Max Technology 2.0.

"Which CPU families support Intel Turbo Boost?

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 3.0 is available in Intel® Core™ X-series processors, including: Intel® Core™ i7-69xx/68xx processors. Intel® Core™ i9-7900X/i9-7920X/i9-7940X/i9-7960X/i9-7980XE/i7-7820X/i7-9800X processors. Intel® Core™ i9-9820X/i9-99x0XE/i9-99x0X processors."

And intel itself says it supports 3.0 , so why not try 3.0?

KrissyG_0-1678892347179.png

0 Kudos
avi12
Beginner

I'm happy to try out 3.0, but where can I get a download link?

If it matters, my motherboard is Asus X99-A II

0 Kudos
KrissyG
New Contributor II

@avi12 wrote:

I'm happy to try out 3.0, but where can I get a download link?

If it matters, my motherboard is Asus X99-A II

hmmm after further 'investigation' , it turns out, it somehow is no longer needed as the drivers/ 2.0 and 3.0 are enabled by default. And i can not find any download link on Intel webpage.

So, the only option would be to get it via 3rd party download, which i would not suggest.

The question now is, do you need it only to check the status, power consumption etc of the CPU? or as a widget?

For widgets, Microsoft Store has a 'Widget launcher' which is free, but i am not sure if it has the tools you want.

As for software to monitor Power/Temperature etc. i would recommend XTU, this has actually a download link on Intel webpage -> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html

which looks like this:

KrissyG_0-1678894022316.png

and /or CoreTemp tool, which enables showing all temperatures for all cores (kinda pointless, that is why went for the highest temp.) CoreTemp is not related to windows nor Intel, it is a free software available on their homepage ->
https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

KrissyG_1-1678894122752.png

and also CPU frequency, RAM, CPU load, as seen in the settings below:

KrissyG_2-1678894209351.png

0 Kudos
avi12
Beginner
The question now is, do you need it only to check the status, power consumption etc of the CPU? or as a widget?

I intended to give more performance priority to certain desktop apps

0 Kudos
KrissyG
New Contributor II

@avi12 wrote:

I intended to give more performance priority to certain desktop apps

oh that, i actually know few ways to do that without installing anything, like changing priority in Task Manager - is one time thing.
Registry editor, which will make it permanent.

Well, but you obviously do not want that, so that leaves the 3rd party downloads as an option.

I recently discovered myself, that launching with 'run as admin' somehow does give it also a high priority, so that is also an option, altho, this has to be done each time.

0 Kudos
avi12
Beginner

Running an app as an administrator every time is not particularly secure though

The advantage of the Intel desktop app is that I'm pretty sure it is better interfaced with the CPU than Task Manager is, which is intended to run on all sorts of hardware

0 Kudos