Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Enhanced cache error reporting issues

VDHAR2
Beginner

Hi

I am using super micro denverton board which has Intel Atom CPU. As per intel SDM, this cpu support enhanced cache error reporting feature as described in section 15.4 of SDM.

In addition, the cache error reporting for Atom CPU is dedicated to MCA bank #1 as per Inte c3000 data sheet. I am testing this feature using bare metal application. I expect the l2 cache status’s to be green during normal operating condition. However bank #1 always report cache status to be no tracking during normal operating condition. As per intel SDM table 15-1,no tracking means no hardware status tracking is provided.

has anyone seen this issue ?

thanks

Vivek

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello VDHAR2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to understand better your environment, could you please confirm the following information?

1- Just to make sure, are you designing a custom system with the Supermicro board around an Intel Atom® Processor C3000 Series?

2- Please provide the exact model of the Intel Atom® Processor C3000 Series:

3- Regarding "Intel SDM" do you refer to "Intel® Smart Display Module"?

4- Regarding the enhanced cache error reporting feature described in "section 15.4 of SDM and Intel® SDM table 15-1", if the document(s) you are referring is an Intel® public document, could you please share the link?

If the document is not public and you have a Non-disclosure agreement with Intel® (NDA), could you please share the link or the document with me via a private message only?

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
VDHAR2
Beginner

Hi Andrew

1- No we are not designing custom board around Supermicro board. We are using Supermicro A2SDV-8C-TLN5F board.

2- The Atom processor is : Atom(TM) CPU C3708 @ 1.70GHz

3- By SDM, I mean Software Developers Manuals and it is available publically. The link is https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-sdm

Hope this help.

Thanks.

Vivek

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello VDHAR2,

Thank you for all the information provided.

After checking the details regarding this inquiry, we would like to recommend you to address this inquiry to Supermicro support as the first point of contact. If after working with Supermicro they are not able to assist you, you can refer to our Intel® Software Developer Zone, you may submit your inquiry in the Intel® Developer Zone Forums.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos