My system is as follows:
- Spectre x360 - 15-ch032ng
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8705G
- GPU: Radeon RX Vega M GL
- Windows 11 (clean install)
I downloaded the Radeon RX Vega M Graphics Driver from here:
- Date: 11/23/2021
- Microsoft Version: 30.0.13025.1000
- AMD Version: 21.30.25.01
It says it should be compatible with Core i7-8705G.
But then I run into this error, when I try to install the Radeon-GPU-driver
- Error 182 – Radeon™ Software Install Detected AMD Graphics Hardware in Your System Configuration That Is Not Supported With This Software Installation
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Hey Leon, yes - I installed all other chipset drivers, but this doesn't change anything.
As I workaround I did the following
- Install the old Radeon 18.50.08 (25.20.15008.2, 03/19/2019) from HP
- extract the new Radeon 21.30.25.01 (30.0.13025.1000, 11/23/2021) from Intel (install would still fail)
- go to device manager > Radeon RX Vega M > update drivers > search computer > select from list > disk > "...\21.30.25.01_210929a-373198C_WHQL_Intel_P22\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF" > "Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics
- confirm "Warning: It is is not recommended to install this diver ..."
I would be interested to hear if other people have the same issues...
Sadly the problem persists with the newest driver version offered by Intel driver and support assistent.
- Date: 12/28/2021
- Microsoft Version: 30.0.13037.4001
- AMD-Version: 21.30.37.04
I still get the
This is ridiculous - the only graphics hardware in my setup is inside the Intel