Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14533 Discussions

Es normal que mi procesador trabaje más rápido de lo esperado?

HEscu
Beginner

Me acabo de bajar la aplicación Intel Processor Identifiction Utility en mi pc, pero me llama mucho la atención que la velocidad esperada de mi procesador es 1.80GHz, pero la reportada por el programa es 2.49GHz, y no se si esto será malo o peligroso, porqué esta trabajando mucho más rápido de lo normal. Espero su ayuda, gracias!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello HEscu, Thank you for your response. Upon checking the information I was able to find that your processor has a technology that allows it to increase the frequency up to 2.70 GHz called Intel ® Turbo Boost Technology, this technology increases the frequency of the processor according to the needs of the system, this means that your processor's frequency is just fine,it is not going over the limit. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello HEscu, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I would like to have more information before I can accurately respond to your inquiry, I need to know the exact model of processor you are currently referring to. Also, I would like to mention that, in order to accurately measure the frequency of the processor, it is recommended to run the diagnostic with our tool Intel ® Processor Diagnostic Tool which you can download in the link below: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HEscu
Beginner

Sure, I have a Dell Inspiron 3521, so my processor is Intel Core i5-3337U

0 Kudos
HEscu
Beginner

I downloaded the program you just told me, and I made the test. The CPU expected frequency is: 1.80, but the detected frequency is 2.67113. So, I don't if that is dangerous or something. I don't think it should be working like that. I think the only thing I made was "unpark the CPU" with a program, to basicly get a better performance on games, but now I'm kind scare about it. Pls if you can help me I will be really grateful

0 Kudos
HEscu
Beginner

Anyways, my PC pass the test, including the CPU frequency test, so I'm not sure about all this. I just don´t know if it's dangerous the fact my processor works way more fast than it should

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello HEscu, Thank you for your response. Upon checking the information I was able to find that your processor has a technology that allows it to increase the frequency up to 2.70 GHz called Intel ® Turbo Boost Technology, this technology increases the frequency of the processor according to the needs of the system, this means that your processor's frequency is just fine,it is not going over the limit. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HEscu
Beginner

Oh, great. So my processor will work at the frequency that this Turbo Boost Technology consider, right? So it's not happening something weird. It will go back to 1.80 when the system decide that. I'm really grateful, thanks for the assistance

0 Kudos