Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Extreme Tuning Utility

andyctaylor
Beginner

Hi,

Newb here so please excuse if I'm posting this in the wrong place! 

I've just upgraded to 11 and since then my XTU won't run, telling me I have another performance tuning application running. I'm not aware that I do! I've reinstalled, deleted the files suggested by Intel and turned off "game mode" incase that was the problem. All to no avail. CAn anyone help me solve this problem?

My CPU is i9 - 10940X.

Many Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
28 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello andyctaylor,

We don't have more reports about Acronis not letting Intel® XTU work properly, please share with us the link of the app and the version you are using so that we can try to replicate the issue in our lab. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
andyctaylor
Beginner

Hi Josue,

It's not the Acronis that stop XTU, it's Sandbox.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello andyctaylor,

Thank you for clarifying the information, please share with us the webpage or link to Sandbox so that we can try to replicate the issue in our lab.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
andyctaylor
Beginner

Hi Josue,

Sandbox is a Microsoft ap, was in W10 pro but is standard in W11, here's a link to Microsoft's page. Like I said it worked fine in W10 pro with sandbox turned on. I have to disable Sandbox in W11 for XTU to run. XTU won't run in Sandbox, tried that instead of doing a clean install.

Windows Sandbox - Microsoft Tech Community

Cheers

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello andyctaylor,

Thank you for the information, we will further investigate the issue and post back soon with more details 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello andyctaylor,

In this case, we were unable to reproduce the issue with Intel® XTU and Windows* Sandbox, it works fine on our side thus it seems that the issue is not related to the app. In the past, we have observed issues post-OS upgrade that are inherent to the upgrade process itself and conflict with other 3rd party apps

Our recommendation will be to perform a clean installation of the OS and test if it works fine with Sandbox enabled. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
andyctaylor
Beginner

Hi Josue,

Ok thanks for trying, I'll try that at some point.

All the best,

Andy

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello andyctaylor,

You are very welcome, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos