Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Extreme Tunung Utility (XTU) does not work for i5 13600K in windows 11

rgr
Beginner

Hi, I have just buy a new pc with i5 13600K cpu. I would like to modify the voltage offset of my cpu and for some reason it is not available. My  i5 13600K is compatible with this function. I guess there is a problem with the XTU version for win 11.

rgr_1-1673829309407.png

I have just downloaded the last version, but XTU still remember that there is a newer one.

rgr_0-1673829003966.png

I hope it can be solved in the shortest time possible. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @rgr

Thank you for your response. 

Yes, as mentioned before, the Intel® XTU displays controls and provides access to features depending on the system's motherboard and processor configurations. Motherboard manufacturers can restrict access and have limitations to various controls that prevent the user from overclocking those settings. You can see more details about this situation in this article: 

Common Issues and Resolutions for Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @rgr

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

Please be aware that the voltage cannot be modified in the Intel® XTU tool, as you can confirm in this article: Is it Possible to Change the Processor Voltage Using Code/Scripts with Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)? 

Along with this information, It is worth mentioning that Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility displays various controls and provides access to features based on the system's motherboard and processor configurations. Not all processors provide real-time support for all controls. Motherboard manufacturers can restrict access to various controls that prevent the user from overclocking or modifying those settings.  

On the other hand, where did you see information that the Intel® XTU tool can do this? We would like to know where is this information shown, in any case.  

Also, please make sure that you have the latest Intel® XTU version 7.10.0.65

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
rgr
Beginner

Hi @Jocelyn_Intel ,

Thank you for your answer. I think my question was misunderstanding. The article you send me, its about to change core voltage with code/scripts, which is no my case. I only wanted to change the voltage offset of my cpu, that is actually a feature of the XTU application. As you can see in the manual:

rgr_1-1674075613483.png

rgr_0-1674074601591.png

It seems my motherboard that is: ROG STRIX B760-F GAMING WIFI, do not allow voltage offset setting.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @rgr

Thank you for your response. 

Yes, as mentioned before, the Intel® XTU displays controls and provides access to features depending on the system's motherboard and processor configurations. Motherboard manufacturers can restrict access and have limitations to various controls that prevent the user from overclocking those settings. You can see more details about this situation in this article: 

Common Issues and Resolutions for Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos