Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

Extreme tuning utility won't start

FMing
Beginner

After getting a warning that my ssd was near full, i found out intel xtu log files were over 65GB. I uninstalled and installed it again but it won't start, it says "Unable to start Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. If there is another performance tuning application running, you must close it before trying to start this application.".

Below is the log file that is generated every time it fails to open.

2018/01/20-22:00:59.4494|IMP] About to display splash screen

2018/01/20-22:00:59.4823|IMP] Loading Themes

2018/01/20-22:00:59.4833|WARN] Could not find customized skin. Loading default Black Color Theme

2018/01/20-22:00:59.5204|IMP] Application On Startup event called

2018/01/20-22:00:59.5204|IMP] Starting up UI

2018/01/20-22:00:59.5204|IMP] Showing Startup Window

2018/01/20-22:00:59.5965|!ERR] GUI is waiting for service in start pending state to start

2018/01/20-22:01:59.7176|!ERR] Could not find a PerfTuneService instance

Source Init event subscribed

2018/01/20-22:02:03.9737|IMP] About to close splash

2018/01/20-22:02:03.9747|IMP] Saving application settings

2018/01/20-22:02:03.9988|!ERR] Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "ITelemetryManager", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[PerfTune.Managers.ITelemetryManager, null]) failed: The current type, PerfTune.Managers.ITelemetryManager, is an interface and cannot be constructed. Are you missing a type mapping? (Strategy type Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy, index 2) ---> Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildFailedException: The current build operation (build key Build Key[PerfTune.Managers.ITelemetryManager, null]) failed: The current type, PerfTune.Managers.ITelemetryManager, is an interface and cannot be constructed. Are you missing a type mapping? (Strategy type Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy, index 2) ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The current type, PerfTune.Managers.ITelemetryManager, is an interface and cannot be constructed. Are you missing a type mapping?

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodConstructorStrategy.ThrowForAttemptingToConstructInterface(IBuilderContext context)

at BuildUp_PerfTune.Managers.ITelemetryManager(IBuilderContext )

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodBuildPlan.BuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.Builder.BuildUp(IReadWriteLocator locator, ILifetimeContainer lifetime, IPolicyList policies, IStrategyChain strategies, Object buildKey, Object existing)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.Resolve(Type t, String name)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerBase.Resolve[T]()

at IronCity.Common.IoC.Resolve[T]()

at PerfTune.AppManager.OnExit(ExitEventArgs e)Exception trying to cancel software update

2018/01/20-22:02:03.9998|IMP] Splash closed

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Are you sure that, when you uninstalled XTU, it actually deleted the log and configuration files? Uninstall again, delete the folder containing the log and configuration files and then reinstall the application.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
FMing
Beginner

Yeah, since the log files were taking all my free space i made sure every file was correctly deleted before reinstalling. After getting this error i fully uninstalled it and reinstalled it again, but to no avail.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Only other thing I can think of is, after uninstalling but before rebooting, (a) make sure installation folder is completely gone and (b) see if you can zap any associated entries being left in the registry.

If this doesn't work, ICS will need to escalate...

...S

0 Kudos