Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Failure after BIOS update. Please help!

RAkhm
Beginner

Good day, I have a motherboard s2600cp. Previously, an older version of BIOS was installed, after the BIOS update, the computer began to shut down when trying to start Windows before that no problems were prompted please what I need to do to restore my system. No changes were made to the computer configuration. Thank you.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Akhmedbekov,

Hope you are doing fine.

In order to provide you an accurate service.

Can you send us the complete configuration that you have in the server system?

Can you send us the server system Sysinfo logs?

Best regards.

Charlie_Intel
0 Kudos
RAkhm
Beginner

Good afternoon. s2600cp, one e5-2690v2, 8 * 8 gb ddr3 1866 reg ecc, power supply 1000 watt. Unfortunately, I can not get a log. I noticed that when disconnecting dimm_c1 and dimm_c2, or dimm_d1 and dimm_d2. everything starts to work. All memory is checked by the memory test, and has no mistakes, and the processor passes the stress test without dimm_c1 and dimm_c2, works fine. If you install all the memory, (dimm_a1, dimm_a2, dimm_b1, dimm_b2,dimm_c1, dimm_c2,dimm_d1, dimm_d2) the computer turns off when you run the CPU stress test. I ask you to help me.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Akhmedbekov,

Thanks for the information.

Can you try to re-flash the firmware update?

Verify that it is running all the packages and try testing memories separately as software tests are not accurate enough.

Remember that you can pull out the logs within the OS and also with the EFI, please refer to this https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023940/server-products/server-boards.html link, logs could be very helpful.

Best regards,

Charlie_Intel.

0 Kudos
RAkhm
Beginner

I have already unveiled the bios, again. I had to remove dimm_c2, otherwise the computer did not turn on. I tried to get logs, they are in attachments.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Akhmedbekov,

Thanks for the files.

We can try some steps in order to find out where is the issue coming from.

First, let's try to delete the SEL file from the BIOS.

Then we can test disabling options "Reset on ERR2" in the Server Management tab.

Also, we can try clearing the BIOS.

If none of those steps works this could be an issue with the memory slot, try to clean it or you would need to replace the board.

Best regards,

Charlie_Intel
0 Kudos
RAkhm
Beginner

Sorry, but how to remove SEL from Bios? the board is totally new. I hope with it there are no. can describe the order of steps. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RAkhm
Beginner

I did as you said, and again ran the cpu test, the computer turned off again. After that I made a log, it's in the application, in which part of my computer error? do I need to change any spare parts? Thank you waiting for an answer.

0 Kudos
RAkhm
Beginner

Also, if I install a second processor, the server turns on and off until the Intel logo appears.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Akhmedbekov,

Thanks for the information.

Please use one processor to test, then install the memory in the following order first A1, B1, C1, D1.

Then start the server and if it works fine, continue with the A2, B2, C2, and D2.

We need to test every memory slot in order to realize if the slot is having issues.

As soon as you get to the failing one perform a clear c/mos and try again to see if it resolves the slot issue.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards.

Charlie_Intel
0 Kudos
RAkhm
Beginner

Good day As soon as I install RAM in slot D1 there is a trip in the stress test, and at the same time the memory is installed in A1 B1 C1.

0 Kudos
RAkhm
Beginner

Also, if I leave the memory install in slots A1 B1 D1, C1 A2 B2 С2 D2 leave empty, everything goes well, the error occurs only during operation of all 4 memory channels.

0 Kudos
RAkhm
Beginner

Maybe it makes sense to downgrade the BIOS version?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Akhmedbekov,

Thank you for the information, we believe that you have an issue with the motherboard itself.

But before any diagnostic, we will perform some tests first and will contact you back by email as soon as possible.

Best regards.,

Charlie_Intel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Akhmedbekov,

Are you able to test with the other processor in the slot 1?

Best regards,

Charlie_Intel
0 Kudos
RAkhm
Beginner

Good afternoon, yes the problem is in the processor, I put it on another card, and another processor on my board, the processor behaves the same. Is there any way to repair it?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Akhmedbekov,

We need to check for the processor warranty.

I am going to contact you by email in order to have more information from the processor.

Best regards,

Charlie_Intel
0 Kudos
RAkhm
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Akhmedbekov,

Unfortunately, we do not support OEM, you need to contact the vendor for the warranty check.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Charlie_Intel
0 Kudos