Fatal Application Exit

Krisss
Beginner
Hi everyone
Does anyone know how to fix this error?
When I try to run the game "Resident Evil 7: Biohazard", I get this message:

Error Re7.jpg

My processor is "11th Gen Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-11400 UHD Graphics 730"
I have another computer with an Intel Core I3 8100 UHD Graphics 630 processor and the game works normally.
They suggested to reinstall Directx and also update the drivers, but the problem persisted. If anyone could help me solve the problem I would appreciate it.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Krisss, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was "Resident Evil 7: Biohazard" working fine before?

The problem happens just with that game or with all the games?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Krisss
Beginner

Hi Albert R.

Regarding the details of the system:
-The motherboard is "Asrock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4"
-Not a laptop
-It´s a new computer, it has only been a little over a month since it was assembled
- "Resident Evil 7: Biohazard" could not be run from the start
-I had a similar problem with the game "Outlast 2" but the problem with it appeared in the middle of the game, the image would freeze and then I would get this error message:
240850263_5071087279582031_6829798785824833383_n (2).jpg

241961636_4872150729481623_2260213061672200452_n (1).jpg

-No hardware / software changes were made
-Windows version:
Especificaciones Windows.jpg

0 Kudos
yassin12
Beginner

Hi, I also have this problem with outlast2. I use AMD processor and graphics. I tested the installation of Windows, programs, drivers, etc. and the problem still persists

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi Krisss, Thank you very much for providing that information, the SSU report, and the pictures.

When it comes to games, the very first thing that we recommend is to check the system requirements to make sure your computer complies with them, most of the times the intensive task games require a dedicated video card for the proper functionality of them.

Based on the SSU information, the graphics driver version currently installed in your system is 27.20.100.9415.

We always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in AsRock's website and the latest graphics driver they have available is version 27.20.100.9127, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z590M%20Phantom%20Gaming%204/#Download

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Just to let you know, the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your machine. Still, if the problem persists after trying to install the driver provided by AsRock, then we can try a clean installation of Intel® graphics driver version 30.0.100.9864:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-10-windows-11-dch-drivers.html

We also advise to get in contact directly with AsRock support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed or to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://www.asrock.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Krisss
Beginner
Hello Alberto
I changed the graphics controller to the version you told me but there were no positive results.
As for the motherboard, I don't know if it will have the latest update, I tried to communicate with an Asrock assistant but it redirected me to the formulation of a request, which I filled in but did not show me as if it had been sent.
A friend sent me a post from the Intel community which had the same problem as mine but I couldn't quite understand what the moderator was referring to:
community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Resident-Evil-7-crashes-at-startup-intel-Iris-Plus-G4/m-p/1258186#M94588
Perhaps you understand better what it refers to and could explain to me whether or not it is a solution.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Krisss, Thank you very much for providing those results and updates.

We are sorry to hear that the problem with the game still persists after trying the troubleshooting steps provided previously.

Just to confirm, did you test both graphics driver versions 27.20.100.9127 and 30.0.100.9864?

"Perhaps you understand better what it refers to and could explain to me whether or not it is a solution", yes, what it means is that this problem was considered a known issue, internal bug report# 22011529178, and Intel® was working along with Capcom to fix the problem. Based on that post it seems: "we have confirmed that with a new game update the issue is resolved (Steam App ID: 418370/Build ID: 6052994). Note: this was confirmed as fixed on the 11th generation mobile platform (codenamed Tiger Lake) but we haven't tested older platform yet" Since you are using also an 11th generation processor, then what we suggest is to install the update provided by Capcom or get in contact directly with them to verify those details:

https://www.capcom.com/mhwsupport/

It is also important to wait for AsRock to confirm the information you requested from them. Once you get the chance, please let us know if you were able to install the update from Capcom, if they were able to help you on that topic, and also if AsRock responded with the information that you are looking for so, if necessary, we can continue assisting you with this scenario.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
yassin12
Beginner

Hi, I also have this problem with outlast2. I use AMD processor and graphics. I tested installing windows, programs, drivers, etc. and the problem is still there, it doesn't seem like a simple problem because I plowed almost everything! (I tried everything) multiple versions of DirectX, multiple versions of C++, updating and replacing Windows, installing different versions and updating drivers, turning off and on Game Mode, changing graphics settings to the lowest setting, reinstalling Played and ...... but none of them worked!

0 Kudos