Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Finding I7-4790 CPU-Z Utility

KBlow
Beginner

I have had some WHEA Uncorrectable errors recently so I decided to look at the CPU-Z utility to see if everything is as it should but I have put Windows 10 on and I think I lost the utility so I used the Intel Driver Update facility and downloaded all the latest drivers for my CPU. Now I do build my own PC's from time to time but I forget everything that I learned building them because it might be years apart, and I'm not an expert. Anyhow, I remember checking out the CPU-Z program and looking at all data but I don't know where to find it now which is not in my Apps. I'm looking at a YouTube video right now and this guy has the CPU-Z Ver. 1.68.0 X64 up for his i7-4770K. How do I bring up this Utilty? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

CPU-Z is not an Intel product.

You can, however, find it here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

CPU-Z is not an Intel product.

You can, however, find it here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID

Doc

0 Kudos
KBlow
Beginner

Well, CPU-Z seems to be independent software, not Intel. But I don't remember downloading independent software when I had it before. Does Intel have it's own software for looking at the values and how the CPU is set up, maybe it was that I remember? I found the CPU-Z site and I was concerned about downloading it. But Malwarebytes jumped on it and wouldn't let me download it anyway.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
KBlow
Beginner

Well, CPU-Z seems to be independent software, not Intel. But I don't remember downloading independent software when I had it before. Does Intel have it's own software for looking at the values and how the CPU is set up, maybe it was that I remember? I found the CPU-Z site and I was concerned about downloading it. But Malwarebytes jumped on it and wouldn't let me download it anyway.

0 Kudos
KBlow
Beginner

Thank you Al, that was the tool I had before but had lost. Do you know what, my PC stopped working yesterday and my mouse froze, so I restarted my PC by pressing the main button on my computer and Windows loaded but there was no mouse so I forced restarted my system again and my BIOS came up but there was no Windows. I couldn't do anything in the BIOS either, it just froze. Well, it was like that all night and I assumed my CPU had died but this morning it all started up okay. It seems like the CPU needed to completely cool down before restarting. Asus told me how to stop the overclocking and now it at stock clocking. I shan't be overclocking again. Anyway, I ran that CPU test tool and my CPU passed okay. Phew, so it not damaged!

Thanks again,

Kevin

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
KBlow
Beginner

My CPU passed the Intel Diagnostic Tool last week with flying colours but I had to reinstall Windows 10 and start again and I re-downloaded the IPDT and I re-ran the test and my CPU failed the frequency test. Well, I bought another in an open box which was said to be new on eBay for a low price and I fitted it and it still failed the frequency test (it might not be new and there was no fan with it). What do you reckon? Some people say to reinstall the IPDT again. I will try that in a minute.

0 Kudos
KBlow
Beginner

I removed the IPDT and reinstalled it and it said, The installation of C++ 2015 seems to have failed, Restributable package (x86) Do you want to continue with the installation?

What to you reckon, id the IPDT not loading correctly?

0 Kudos
KBlow
Beginner

I had to reinstall W10 to get rid of the C++ error. And the IPDT is not to be trusted, my i7=4790K's past the test now.

0 Kudos