Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11664 Discussions

For intel i7 core 2675QM processor , what is the memory voltage specification?

athak4
Beginner

The processor model I use is i7 core 2675 QM in mac pro late 2011 model. On the details site [1] I cannot find the voltage specification for RAM! IS 1.35V better or 1.5V for the original design? How much of a difference will it make if i use the 'wrong one'?

Thanks in advance!

[1] URL = https://ark.intel.com/products/53470/Intel-Core-i7-2675QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz Intel® Core™ i7-2675QM Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz) Product Specifications

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You should use whatever voltage memory is stated in the specifications for your system. If it allows 1.35V memory usage, this is better. I believe, however, that most 2nd generation processors were paired with only 1.5V memory.

...S

athak4
Beginner

In the specification that I cited in the question(from intel), there is no mention of voltage. I too think it should be 1.5V but wanted a reliable answer. And also what happens if I use 1.35 V instead, assuming 1.5 is the specification?

Crucial and OWC RAM recommendations for the model list both kinds of voltages as doable!