Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

GMM-GNA Scoring Accelerator module driver for for Coffee Lake processors

imvagsig
Novice

Hello!

Please add support for the "GNA Scoring Accelerator" driver for Coffee Lake processors.

Add the ID "VEN_8086&DEV_1911" of the "Intel GMM Scoring Accelerator module" coprocessor in the Intel Coffee Lake processor to the "Intel GNA Scoring Accelerator module" driver.

At the moment, the GMM driver is outdated and it has not been updated by you since 2015, that is, Intel. The GMM coprocessor module is present in the Coffee Lake processor. This processor was released in 2018. The Coffee Lake processor officially supports Windows 11.
The initial GNA driver was released in 2017, but without coprocessor support in the Coffee Lake. The GNA driver is still being updated by you.
I demand to fix this flaw in the GNA driver.

8th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-1.pdf

8th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-2.pdf

Driver GMM: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=GMM%20Scoring%20Accelerator

Driver GNA: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=intel%20gna%203.0.0.1400

0 Kudos
17 Replies
imvagsig
Novice

In your Generation 9 NUC products (NUC9i5QNX, NUC9i7QNX, NUC9i9QNX) for CFL processors, GNA Device is enabled by default in the bios.
Your NUC devices also use an apparently outdated driver or stub.

0 Kudos
imvagsig
Novice

@DeividA_Intel , Why are you using an outdated 2015 driver for your product?

0 Kudos
imvagsig
Novice

Thanks to Intel for the brazen closure of discussions (05492524, 05493521, 05493772)!!!
That is, you closed the discussions and left them unanswered.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello imvagsig,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have a request related to the Coffee Lake processors.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Can you provide the specific processor you are referring to or the one you are using?

2. Are you working on a project? Can you provide more details?

3. Are you working for a company?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
imvagsig
Novice

Hello!

1. I have a processor in an i7 8750h laptop, but this problem affects all Coffee Lake 8th and 9th generation processors.

2. No

3. No

Read carefully the first post and please understand the problem.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello imvagsig, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello imvagsig, 

Based on the research, all the information related to the GMM-GNA can be found in the following link:

If you need support and a driver related to the Intel® GMM-NNA I recommend you to get in contact with the manufacturer of the laptop.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
imvagsig
Novice

Hello!

The OEM manufacturer has nothing to do with the development of the driver since only you Intel develop this driver and therefore you are responsible for the development of the driver!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello imvagsig, 

Thanks for confirming the information. I will proceed to check this request internally. However, bear in mind that even if Intel develops a driver, we provide this generic driver so the manufacturers can customize it to fit their systems.

As soon as I have any information I will let you know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello imvagsig, 

Based on the research performed, I would like to let you know that we develop the generic driver and provide it to the manufacturers (HP, Dell, Asus, etc) and they customized this driver so it fits perfectly with their specific device.

I recommend you redirect this question to the laptop manufacturer and if is needed they will work that with us directly.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
imvagsig
Novice

Hello, @DeividA_Intel , thanks for your reply!

Why don't you provide here a link to this universal driver with support for ID "VEN_8086&DEV_1911"?

0 Kudos
imvagsig
Novice
In the discussion "Intel Gaussian Mixture Model 1911 (i7-8750h)" there was such a question: "Is there really an AI coprocessor in the 8th generation (i7-8750H processor / HM370 chipset) and does it really work?"
You answered this question as follows: "In this case, the co-processor will be for the Intel Gaussian Mixture Model. As mentioned previously, yes, the Intel Gaussian Mixture Model 1911 is a component of the Intel Neural Network Accelerator, or GNA for short. This is an AI co-processor inside the CPU die."

Please answer the clarifying question from the discussion: "We would like to know if your 8th generation product has the support of GNA in hardware. You only mentioned that it supports GMM, and GMM is only one of the components of GNA, and your CPU specification (advanced technology) does not have GNA support. , but we have seen GNA support in the advanced technology section of your product spec page after gen 10, please help clarify."
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello imvagsig, 

Thanks for your response. In this case, the driver is provided directly to the manufacturers and is not meant for the end-users. I am not able to provide you with the driver.

As per the question about if the 8th generation product has the support of GNA in hardware, I will review it internally to confirm the information.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
imvagsig
Novice

Hello!
Do you already have updates on the issue?

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello imvagsig, 

Thanks for your patience. Based on the investigation performed the processor only supports GMM Scoring Accelerator and the driver is provided exclusively by the motherboard (if desktop) or the laptop manufacturer.

Bear in mind that Intel does not provide the driver. As for the complete GNA technology, it is only supported and validated on platforms with 11th generation processors and newer. 

As per the 8th gen CPU only has GMM but not GNA. Therefore, the lack of GNA listing for the i7-8750H is accurate.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello imvagsig,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello imvagsig, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Remember that you can check with the laptop or motherboard manufacturer for the drivers and instructions since they customize their system and can add and block features.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos