Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Graphic lag while gaming on i7-10750H

lwkjason
Beginner

creating a new thread on the same topic again (see here: https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Graphic-lag-while-gaming-on-i7-10750H/m-p/1192109#M44995) as it's been marked as closed and I can't reply to it anymore even though i still have questions (thanks Wanner for closing it before I can ask more questions).

It was mentioned that:

"Based on the information provided, this is expected behavior and it does not seem to be related to the processor graphics.

You may experience this behavior depending on BIOS settings, power profiles configured in Windows*, and system design."

My laptop is running at high performance and yet the issue continues (not sure if changing it helps much anyway). Hence is there any other solutions that I can explore besides going to the manufacturer? Do i need to change any settings on BIOS settings or?

Looking forward to advise from Intel. And please don't close this thread again just because you think you answered it, who knows, I may have more questions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello lwkjason,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

When talking about laptops we can say that these devices are designed to preserve as much power as possible in order to keep the unit functional as long as they have enough power to function. The graphics adapter is not the only part that will require power in the device.

The behavior that you are experiencing is more related to the power options that the manufacturer sets for the performance of the device.

As the computer uses hybrid graphics, you might want to access the power settings for the NVIDIA* graphics card if possible and set them to “Maximum performance”

I consider that this behavior is not directly related to the Intel® Graphics Driver. If the behavior persists after changing the discrete graphics card power settings I would recommend checking this situation with your laptop manufacturer for the appropriate power settings or BIOS configuration options.

Please check the following article with more information about Computer Manufacturer Support Websites:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello lwkjason,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

When talking about laptops we can say that these devices are designed to preserve as much power as possible in order to keep the unit functional as long as they have enough power to function. The graphics adapter is not the only part that will require power in the device.

The behavior that you are experiencing is more related to the power options that the manufacturer sets for the performance of the device.

As the computer uses hybrid graphics, you might want to access the power settings for the NVIDIA* graphics card if possible and set them to “Maximum performance”

I consider that this behavior is not directly related to the Intel® Graphics Driver. If the behavior persists after changing the discrete graphics card power settings I would recommend checking this situation with your laptop manufacturer for the appropriate power settings or BIOS configuration options.

Please check the following article with more information about Computer Manufacturer Support Websites:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
lwkjason
Beginner

Hi Esteban,

thank you for your advice. I don't think it is the processor issue but the manufacturer's customer service mentioned it several times hence i wanted to check in with Intel to see if that's the case.

will take it up with the manufacturer again.

thanks for your help!

Jason

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello lwkjason, 

Thank you for your reply. 

In that case, we will proceed to close this matter, however; if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos