Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14502 Discussions

Graphics Memory on Software

DaniyalMubashir
Beginner

The Graphics memory showing on the xtu about is 4GB.

While my RTX2070 max-q has a RAM of 8GB. Kindly fix that or tell me why is that

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DaniyalMubashir, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Intel® processor?

Is this a new computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DaniyalMubashir
Beginner

Good day! I have a laptop. Alienware M15R2
Intel Core i7 9750H 
Machine's been used only six months so i'll say that its new enough

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DaniyalMubashir, Thank you very much for providing that information and the report.

Just to let you know, when you are using a mobile device, such as a laptop, everything is customized by the manufacturer of it, in this case Dell, and they can enable/disable BIOS options as well as the features and functions of the computer.

In reference to your question, about graphics memory, in the link below you will find all the details about this matter, those are the FAQ about this topic, please review it and if you have further questions, please let us know:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DaniyalMubashir, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DaniyalMubashir, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos