Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

Graphics question: 11700KF versus 11700 versus 11700K

NomadPlayer
Novice

Just purchased a Gigabyte Z590 MASTER motherboard. It has a DisplayPort which will be fully functional if the processor has UHD graphics embedded. To my understanding the KF does NOT have graphics, so I would have to install a GPU card. Question: If I install either the 11700 or the K both having UHD embedded, instead of the KF, does this reduce lanes or processing power available for the motherboards other CPU associated functions or my installing a GPU later?? What are the tradeoffs?? Thanks a million!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NomadPlayer, 

Based on the research performed, I would like to inform you of the following:

1. You would have to install a processor with integrated graphics to use the ports in the motherboard.

2. If you install a processor with integrated graphics that will not reduce the lanes or processing power available for the motherboard.

3. If you install the dedicated video card, the system may consume more power and you will need to meet the requirements to properly run the system with the configuration that you want.

Also, consider that with a dedicated video card the processor will need or load more resources, for example, the power consumption, RAM, frequency, it will depend on the workload. In addition, bear in mind that the CPU will use resources to work with the dedicated video card and to connect/work with the PCIe device.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NomadPlayer, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

In order to provide accurate information, I will proceed to investigate this inquiry internally and I will let you know as soon as possible. 

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
NomadPlayer
Novice

Thanks Deivid, I appreciate any clarity you can provide.

Peace,

Joe Lane

Intel consumer

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NomadPlayer, 

Based on the research performed, I would like to inform you of the following:

1. You would have to install a processor with integrated graphics to use the ports in the motherboard.

2. If you install a processor with integrated graphics that will not reduce the lanes or processing power available for the motherboard.

3. If you install the dedicated video card, the system may consume more power and you will need to meet the requirements to properly run the system with the configuration that you want.

Also, consider that with a dedicated video card the processor will need or load more resources, for example, the power consumption, RAM, frequency, it will depend on the workload. In addition, bear in mind that the CPU will use resources to work with the dedicated video card and to connect/work with the PCIe device.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

NomadPlayer
Novice

Thanks for the info Deivid. This will help me make a decision. Now I just need to decide if I need the processing power of the 11700K (base freq. 3.60) versus the 11700 (base freq. 2.50) at twice power usage and of course HEAT!! Still leaning to the K. Thanks a million!

Joe Lane

Intel consumer

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NomadPlayer, 

It was a pleasure to help you with your inquiry. Also, try to contact the motherboard manufacturer to know about compatibility with the hardware that you want and to know about the feature that they support in order to get the maximum experience with your setup.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos