Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14502 Discussions

Guide us to fix the issue with i5, 8th Generation 8250 chipset.

VD_K
Beginner

Hello, We have procured DELL Laptop with i5 8250, 8th Generation Chipset, Laptop is very slow as compared to earlier generation laptops. Basic applications like MS Office hangs. Excel with 20 MB file size hangs and does not respond. Same excel is working fine with 4th and 6th Generation Laptops.

Thought could be a problem with DELL Firmware and checked with Equivalent HP and Lenovo Laptops, but the issue persists. We have escalated to DELL and DELL intern has taken up the issue with Intel and Microsoft, but till now we are not able to find any solution. Could you please assist how to fix the issue.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Dell is responsible for supporting your laptop. Stay in touch with Dell, as they need to resolve your issues. They will coordinate with Microsoft, and Intel if necessary.

Doc

0 Kudos
VD_K
Beginner

Thank You. Curious to know, if you have received any complaints on i5 8250 Performance issue?

Reg,

Vasu

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

two cases I seen on answers.microsoft.com with same processor .

try these "

1. update latest intel ME firmware
  2. update latest intel ME components or driver
  3. update intel chipset
  4. update bios firmware
  5. stop background applications by using group policy
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ragu, the OP has already been informed that his support needs to come from Dell for his laptop.

Do you understand why his support must come from Dell?

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I have not received any.

Your support must come from Dell.

Doc

0 Kudos
LAlba
Beginner

Hello, it could also be the fault of a Windows 10 update, or an update that is running. For Office, you should try reinstalling it

0 Kudos