Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE ANALYSIS

Alihdddk
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to get access to risk analysis sheet related to hazardous substances such as Beryllium at homogeneous level.

Part#BX80673Ix9xx0X   and CD8067304126100

I do have access to the MDDS, but I need to speak with a technical expert to review this case.

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Alihdddk,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you and to understand your request better please provide the following information:

1. A longer and more detailed description of your issue.
  2. Are you requesting this assistance on behalf of a company? If so, please provide as many details as possible.
  3. Is there a specific reason you are requesting this information?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Alihdddk
Beginner

Hi Victor,

I was told by your support team and Gregoire Armand to ask this question from the right department until I get a solid answer on that. Yes, I am from Ciara, one of your clients. I am certifying our products under EPEAT requirements, and our suppliers’ component qualification is very important to us within this process. Per criterion 4.1.4.1 of IEEE 1680.1, we are supposed to provide the evidence to 3rd party verifiers that all components used in our products do not use the hazardous substances above the limit per REACH or RoHS requirements.

Intel, as our main supplier of processors for the desktops, has provided the MDDS to let us download and review the required information. However, they are at a very generic level, and not in detail per standard needs.

Ciara needs to know how Intel controls the Beryllium substances and compounds/application within the product in question.

Regards,

Ali Khosroshahi

Product Certification Manager | Directeur de la certification des produits

Hypertec HTS 

T: (+1)  x  | M: (+1) 514.707.2236

W: www.hypertec.com  | E: akhosroshahi@hypertec.com

Before printing, think green. Avant d'imprimer, pensez vert.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Alihdddk,

Thank you for your response.

We appreciate the details provided, we will investigate this further on our end and we will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
btimofte
New Contributor I

witnessed

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Alihdddk, 

Thanks for the patience. In order to address your inquiry, you will find a couple of files where you will find more details about the use of Beryllium. In case you are looking for the EPEAT considerations, it is also attached.

In addition, you may find more information at the following link:

- Intel® Quality Document Management System: https://qdms.intel.com/

If you need more details, just let me know.

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Alihdddk,  

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Alihdddk
Beginner

Hi,

This portal is a very generic address to get access to some limited information. The one I needed was more specific and needed a conversation. Anyway, I survived. Thanks.

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Alihdddk, 

Thanks for the update, I would like to let you know that this was all the information that we could find and share with you. I am glad that at least this information helped in some way.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos