Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

HPE DL120 G7 with Intel c204 chipset - want to use Xeon with IGP (quicksync)

SSqui1
Beginner

As title.

Motherboard is an HPE DL120 G7 server with Intel c204 chipset.

I have read that its the c206 chipset that supports Integrated Graphics and the c204 does not.

What I am looking for is to use a E3-12x5 xeon processor on that board with the c204. Not for the graphics but only to take advantage of the quicksync acceleration features for some video decoding/encoding.

Short of buying a processor to try, does anyone know if quicksync will work even though the board does not officially "support" the integrated graphics?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In order to use a processor, it must be board (chipset), socket and BIOS compatible. I do not believe that this will be the case -- but this is a question that should really be asked of the board manufacturer; they are solely responsible for the compatibility level of the board and BIOS.

H​ope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
SSqui1
Beginner

I know based on other threads here (on the intel forums)that a Xeon 12x5 (with integrated graphics) does in fact "work" on the c204, but Im unaware if the graphics portion of the chip is enabled.

I have such a one off specific use case that I can almost guarantee that HP won't have a specific answer for me.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SSqui1 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. As a example the Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1275 v5 comes with the Intel® HD Graphics P530 (https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88177/intel-xeon-processor-e3-1275-v5-8m-cache-3-60-ghz.html) but whether or not it is compatible with the motherboard HPE DL120 G7 server and the Intel® graphics can be used on the system need to be confirmed the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos