Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

HPET Timer 2, IRQ11 interrupt triggered every 20us, Baytrail E3815

JCofr2
Novice

Hi. I am trying to use IRQ11 for HPET and I have programmed the HPET Timer 2 comparator register to 500ms. Whenever I enable IRQ11, I get a trigger every 20us instead.

Main problem is I did not yet enable the HPET, only the IRQ11 interrupt in PIC and this happens. No matter what value I put in comparator 2, it is always 20us.

I have a hunch that since HPET shares IRQ11, this might be cause by either SERIRQ, PIRQx, or SCI.

My board is a Kontron using E3815, running under VxWorks but I am also looking at the UEFI BIOS programming side.

I am debugging now in the UEFI Shell, and assuming I have the EDK2 Workspace, which part of the UEFI programming determines the use of IRQ11?

I have attached a snapshot of my ISR using GPIO and that is where I got the measurement response of IRQ11.

I am completely at loss right now and until I hear something from Kontron support, I need to figure out the cause of this issue from UEFI perspective. Is it also doable to create an ISR in UEFI so I can replicate the problem?

Can anyone give me some direction?

Many thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Josh0031,

Thank you for joining the Processor community.

Regarding this matter the best place to get more answers is our Embedded Community, please visit the site here: https://embedded.communities.intel.com/community/en Forum: Embedded Community |Embedded Community

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos