cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blore1
Beginner

HUGE ISSUES with Turbo boost max

I have an Asus x299 deluxe board.

The turbo boost max software is just not making any sense.

It was installed, and when it was, I just got messages about the driver not being available when the system booted.

So, I uninstalled it, and now everything is haywire. The turbo boost software still shows under the apps and features of Windows 10, but when I try to uninstall it, I get a message that some file couldn't be found, so I have a zombie app showing in the installed apps.

Additionally, I've downloaded the installer, and considering it doesn't have an installer (what is with this??), I run the instructions as laid out in the readme file, installing by right clicking the .inf, it tells me it installed, but on a reboot, the control panel for ITBM isn't in my start menu, and the zombie app is still showing.

This is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING. How am I supposed to make this work? I don't see a device in device manager without a driver, but this is inane. This zombie app won't go away, and it's FRUSTRATING.

Please help. I have Windows 10, all latest updates installed, motherboard has latest BIOS.

HELP.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello brian lorelle,

Thank you for bringing this matter to the Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this app.

Is this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0 Download Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 the version are trying to uninstall?

What steps are you following to uninstall it?

Regards,

Amy C.

blore1
Beginner

The latest installer from the Intel website. It is INANE that it doesn't have a standard installer and needs to be installed via .inf.

blore1
Beginner

also, why in GOD'S NAME does the ITBM panel open up every damn time I boot Windows? Why is this so poorly designed?

idata
Community Manager

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Please try the following suggestion,

1. Enter Safe Mode.
  2. Go to Windows Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a Program, and uninstall any previous version of Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 software.
  3. Reboot the system.
  4. Boot to Windows normally.

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Amy C.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/119801 brian lorelle,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

blore1
Beginner

I just gave up and re-imaged. This should be worked out to work better.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/119801 brian lorelle, I am glad to hear you were able to remove it. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Amy C.