Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

HWBOT says my CPU is an Engineering sample.

xSean
Beginner

Can someone tell me what this is? I bought a brand new unopened i9 10900K avengers edition from a reputable store. Why am i getting this ?

Also HWBOT wont let me in the analyze and compete sections because they are greyed out even though ive done the XTU benchmark. Is that related to the ES marking ?

Intel HWBOT ES.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If it was an ES or PP processor, then this report would have said so. It doesn't, so you are ok.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

If it is an ES (engineering sample), take it back to this reputable store.  You can also take a photo of the top of the processor and post it here.  It could be that your utility has made an error.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056190/processors.html

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
xSean
Beginner
Thanks, i looked at that picture of the ES CPU in the link you provided but mine definitely says Intel Core i9 10900K on it.
If it is the XTU utility that has made an error, is there any fix for it?
I should also add that im in a older ME, not the newest.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
xSean
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This didn't tell us anything.

Download and run the Intel Processor Identification Utility. It will tell you if you have an ES or PP processor.

...S

0 Kudos
xSean
Beginner

Thanks, here is the .txt file from Intel Processor Identification Utility. Not really sure what i am looking at.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If it was an ES or PP processor, then this report would have said so. It doesn't, so you are ok.

...S

0 Kudos
xSean
Beginner

There are multiple reports on this issue over at HWBOT forums too. Seems to be the XTU software that is doing the error.

0 Kudos