PLEASE! Can You recommendment CPU and Motherboard which are compatibile

to install Windows 7x 64bit? On socket 1151

Best Regards

Marijan Prevolnik

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Marijan97, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please check the Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Processors website: 

1. Visit  Processor OS Compatibility and look for the section matching the first part of the processor. For example, if the processor is i7-9700KF, look for the processor under the Intel® Core™ i7 after expanding the list. 
  2. Locate all the operating systems (OS) that are supported for this processor. 
  3. The list also shows the Intel® Core™ generation and the segment showing whether it is a desktop or mobile processor.  

For instance, the "latest" 1151 socket desktop processor compatible with Windows 7 is the Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor, but on the mentioned above website you can find several ones. 

Regarding the compatibility, you can use the same tool to find compatible motherboards with this CPU. After you have chosen the correct motherboard, you need to check with the manufacturer for OS compatibility with their board.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Marijan97
Novice

Aha!

I think only chipset H310 support Win7 instalall.

OK! Thank You!

Best regars!

I Hate Win 10 looks like Win98se

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Marijan97,  

You are more than welcome! 

I would just like to clarify that this i7-6700K processor is only compatible with 100 and 200 series chipset (as all the 6th and 7th generation processors). You can check that here under "compatible products" and in the compatible motherboards website. Therefore, I am afraid that an H310 chipset will not work with this CPU.   

Before you install the CPU you choose, make sure that you are using a compatible motherboard: How to Find Compatible Motherboards for Your Intel Processor

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Marijan97,  

Were you able to check the previous post and follow our recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Marijan97,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. 

Hopefully, the information given before is useful to you, however; if you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Marijan97
Novice

Hi,

No. Does not work.

Last compatibile chipset for Win7 is Intel 300 Series Motherboards.

CPU i7-6700K will not work with that chipset, as You mentioned

Best Regards

Marijan

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, last compatible chipset for Windows 7 is the 200 Series.

...S

0 Kudos