Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Have a 10700K CPU that is at 100c right at BIOS

Tamiroquai
Beginner

The CPU is in a z490x gigabyte motherboard  and with liquid cooling which is well assembled. 

Setting all fans (CPU + 3 systems fans to full speed is not helping)

updated BIOS to latest (0xf6c), and with default setting I boot to bios and right then the cpu is at 100c

I also see the performance is clipped due to these temperature

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tamiroquai
Beginner

Attaching diagnostic tool, xtu and support tool logs

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If, as you say, you reach Tjmax even at the BIOS level, then I assert very strongly that your cooling solution is either NOT well assembled or is very badly configured.

...S

0 Kudos
Tamiroquai
Beginner

Hi Scot,

I double checked that and it is well assembled, I checked that thermal paste is good and it is.

Also there is boot to boot variation, so sounds like either logical issue or defect of DTSs

I need Intel to step in and resolve it.
BTW: in BIOS and in windows idle, one core is active, how does it make sense that all cores shows 99-100c

I need to say that I am intel employee, dealing with client post silicon val - so I pretty much know what to expect. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ok, you've convinced me.

After verifying that your warranty is active (here: Determine if Your Product Is Still Under Warranty), you need to directly contact Intel Customer Support to initiate the RMA process (you cannot do this through the forums). Here are pages where you can lookup contact information, including local/country phone numbers, by geography:

You can use the online forms service or email, but I actually recommend calling them directly. The above links provide local or toll-free numbers in most countries and support most local languages. You could also use the chat service (start here: Intel Customer Support Chat), but understand that this service is offered in English only and is subject to the normal (9:00-5:00 M-F) office hours in the Pacific (UTC-8) time zone.

...S

0 Kudos