Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Headset driver issue

jimbir
Beginner

I have a brand-new HP model 17-by4065st with a Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB audio headset control device. When I open SETTINGS>SYSTEM>SOUND>INPUT, it shows that is what my HP H540 headset is connected to. When I test headset input in device properties, it reports a maximum of 50%. Input.

Is there a way that I can adjust the Intel driver in order to increase the input closer 100%?

Any help you can give me on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Birke

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello jimbir,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that Intel is the one that provided/developed this technology, but who customizes it and provide the drivers and/or the specification would be the laptop manufacturer. They can set restrictions limitation, disable features, add features, and my recommendation is to get in contact with your laptop manufacturer to check if is possible to change or customize the parameter on cased on their system.

I hope this information is helpful for you.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
jimbir
Beginner

On March 19 I got an email from the community asking me if I got an answer to my question. I tried to reply with the message below but I got a failure to deliver message error.

In a Way...Essentially, it told me to contact HP which I did. I'm still waiting for a reply from them.

0 Kudos