Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Heat sink

RezaRabii
Employee

Does 

HS CLC 240 Liquid (Water) CPU Cooler eVGA 400-HY-CL24-V1 

support or compatible with Intel Core i9-10940X 3.3 GHz 14-Core processor? if not what type of water cool heat sink you recommend ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
lEdge
New Contributor I

Intel only provides v frame specifications. Famvorite employee questions.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005592/processors/intel-core-processors.html 

You have to find out from the mm manufacturer. However that socket seems identical in the cooler specs. Like it was supposed to be universal.

Waterblock

• Premium Retention parts for Intel LGA20XX/1200/115X/1366 and upcoming variants
  • AMD retention ring for supporting AM2/AM3/AM4/FM1/FM2/TR4 and upcoming variants
  • Material: 100% Copper
  • LED: Fully controllable RGB LED
  • Pump Noise Level: 20dB(A) (MAX)
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello RR3,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

These are our recommendations when looking for a compatible cooling solution:

1. Go to product specifications page.
  2. In the Search specifications bar type in the Intel® product needed. 
  3. Once the specifications window opens, look for the TDP under the Performance section.
  4. Look for Sockets Supported under the Package Specifications section. (The socket is the component that provides the mechanical and electrical connections between the processor and motherboard.)
  5. Compare the TDP and socket information of the Intel® CPU information with the TDP and socket information of the CPU cooler. 
  6. The TDP value of the CPU cooler must be higher than the TDP of the Intel® processor.
  7. The socket used by the CPU cooler must be the same as the one used by the Intel® CPU.

I was checking the specs of the cooler you sent, according to the EVGA website the cooler is compatible with Intel LGA20XX/1200/115X/1366 and upcoming variants, the Intel® Core™ i9-10940X X-series Processor uses the FCLGA2066. We cannot ensure compatibility, since the EVGA* website does not show the TDP of the cooler.

Our best recommendation is to follow the above steps to find a compatible cooling solution, and before buying it, check with the manufacturer to verify the specifications and full compatibility.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello RR3,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos