Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Heating problems

hmelnitskiy4589
Beginner

Good day! I have an Asus X571GT Core i7 laptop and I noticed that it started to get very hot. I searched the Internet for information that could help me, but that didn't help me much. Then I tried to launch the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. Tested on the site - result 60 s.

Can you tell me what the problem is?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

0 Kudos
hmelnitskiy4589
Beginner

Thank
I thought, I'd better go to the service center.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I can see no problem here. Getting into 60s is nothing. In fact, getting into the 70s and 80s is not an issue either; it's perfectly normal. Seeing spikes into the 90s is ok too. I draw the line there though; unless I am running the heaviest load possible, I shouldn't see sustained temperatures in the 90s. Intel Customer Support will tell you that any temperature up to the processor's Tjmax (Maximum Junction Temperature, ~100c) is ok, but that's baloney. If you are seeing temperatures in the 90s, you are going to be above the processor's thermal load line for sure - and this, if sustained, can be harmful to the processor's lifetime.

So, you're in the 60s. Happy now?

...S

0 Kudos