Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Hello! Do you know the list of Intel CPU that supports SHADOW STACK ? Is there a Windows tool to know if my CPU support it ? Thanks a lot in advance! Philippe

PBOUY
Beginner

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, I could find no information on the inclusion of Control-flow Enforcement Technology (CET) in Intel processors other than 2016 announcements regarding the technology and a year-old reference to Intel not delivering this technology as yet. Intel Customer Support will need to follow-up on this.

Check out this reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control-flow_integrity#CET.

...S

0 Kudos
PBOUY
Beginner
Thanks a lot for your answer Scott. If i fond some informations about CPU supporting CET instructions, i will share.... Philippe
0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello PBOUY,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I would like to gather some information to further investigate this question.

• Is there any specific processor model you are looking for?
  • Are you developing software/hardware?

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PBOUY
Beginner
Adrian, thanks for your reply. << Is there any specific processor model you are looking for? >> I would like to know in what specific processors, CET instructions are available ? According to my one day, until now, searches....... Tiger Lake will support CET ? "i5 core 7th" doesn't support. Could you help me to find which Intel CPU can use these instructions set ? I heard about a tool which can make a test ?? << Are you developing software/hardware? >> I'm just a Linux sysadmin with a little growing legacy security touch. Thanks. Philippe
0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello PBOUY,

Thank you for your reply.

I will take a look into this, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello PBOUY, I just received an update on this matter.

First of all, let me apologize for all this lateness and for any inconvenience.

As per Intel's Software Development Manual:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/download/intel-64-and-ia-32-architectures-sdm-combined-volumes-1-2a-2b-2c-2d-3a-3b-3c-3d-and-4.html

Page 116, Table 5-2.

Currently, no CPUs support this feature (products release all the way up to 2020) only future processors.

• Control-flow
  • Enforcement
  • Technology (CET)
  • Future Intel Core processors

Regards,

Albert R.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos