Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14502 Discussions

Hello, I am experiencing micro stutters for very first time in my life with Intel CPU, I can't believe it..

AZlat2
Beginner

Hello,

I am very sorry, I am very happy customer. It was from the game or its game servers.. there was nothing wrong with my new components.. :(

Best regards,

Aleksandar

0 Kudos
23 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Have you updated the bios on the new board?

Have you tried different memory?

Why do you believe this is a processor problem?

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is more-typically the result of networking issues, not processor or motherboard issues. You've also left out storage as being a potential source for issues.

...S

0 Kudos
AZlat2
Beginner

latest bios 1401 latest firmware latest everything and tested the ram via memtest86 0 errors Tried the game on 2 SSDs and tested them both also latest firmware on the SSDs both Samsung.. and I just changed cpu, motherboard and ram on my PC, so I believe it is the CPU and not the motherboard and I don't know what can I do?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Test the processor with the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool (downloadable from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool).

...S

0 Kudos
AZlat2
Beginner

I did and my CPU is passing the test, but still I need to find a way to install another CPU on my PC to figure out if it's from the CPU, because even if it's passing I still think it is from the CPU or from the motherboard eventually.. because I got those problems since I've changed my CPU, motherboard and RAM.

0 Kudos
AZlat2
Beginner

or maybe it's from the network card? Intel® I219V ?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That's what I said originally.

...S

0 Kudos
AZlat2
Beginner

so it's problem with the motherboard actually, because I am using the network card of the motherboard which is Intel I219-V ? What can I do?

0 Kudos
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Make sure you have the latest driver for the ethernet network card: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z390-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

And asked Asus for help to check/troubleshoot the network card, if it is defective, get the motherboard RMA'd

Also, notice you are running a CPU WITHOUT iGPU,> https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/190884/intel-core-i5-9600kf-processor-9m-cache-up-to-4-60-ghz.html

thus you are using a discrete video card, which may also be root cause of the issue, contact and check with video card support team for driver updates, proper settings and for assistance with their video card...

Note:

This doesn't seem to be issue of the processor.

Since you replaced hardware to move to this new build, did you install Windows from scratch? if not, you should, and also check the Cooler/Fan is installed correctly as well as thermal paste, if not, overheating may be causing issues.

0 Kudos
AZlat2
Beginner

yes on my configuration I just changed CPU, motherboard and RAM. I reinstalled Windows 6 times already at minimum. The GPU isn't a problem it's an MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X 8GB. Also updated to the last BIOS version 1401 since the very beginning and all drivers, firmware are latest versions and tried the game on both of my SSDs 250GB Samsung 850 EVO and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO and tested both of them with samsung magician and hd tune and also running latest firmware versions on both of them. temps are not hitting even 70 degrees on both the CPU cores and the GPU as well. My PSU is Seasonic Platinum-660 (SS-660XP2 Active PFC F3). I didn't have such problem and right after I rebuilt my configuration with the new CPU, Motherboard and RAM started having such issue for a very first time. I have played 6300 hours on this game and playing it since the beta version.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"yes on my configuration I just changed CPU, motherboard and RAM". That is all you "just changed"? That is the entire system.

Why can it not be a problem with the graphics card?

Why can it not be a problem with the motherboard/LAN?

Why can it not be a problem with the ram?

You want to focus on the processor, which passed the test.

Eliminate the other possibilities before blaming the processor. Try a different motherboard, power supply, ram, and graphics card. And, by all means, try a different processor.

You are a "totally unhappy customer" but you do not know why. You need to do more testing and elimination to find the problem. And, it may be that the combination of your hardware is the problem.

Doc

0 Kudos
AZlat2
Beginner

I already said I think that it could be from the network card on the motherboard the Intel I219-V going to buy an external network card and test.. it can't be from the rest of the components, because they are and they were working perfectly before I changed the motherboard, CPU and RAM and tested the RAM with memtest86 passed all the tests with 0 errors.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sorry, but I am lost here. If you changed the motherboard, CPU, and RAM, and everything worked before you did this change, then they could WELL BE THE PROBLEM.

Also, do not rely on the results of memtest86. It is often wrong.

Doc

0 Kudos
AZlat2
Beginner

They can't be the problem and if memtest86 is often wrong what can I do then? I will buy an external network card to test, because I think that offline with bots there is no problem, so the problem might be the Intel I219-V LAN from the motherboard..

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, I give up. I do not understand your troubleshooting, or your ability to troubleshoot. And, I have no idea what 3rd party tools you may have installed, which may be contributing to this issue. Are you using Avast or Avg? Are you using more than one real-time anti-virus product? Are you using any cleaners? And, what does "bots" have to do with this?

You may indeed have a problem. I am just not sure where.

Doc

0 Kudos
AZlat2
Beginner

Clean installation of Windows with just drivers and the game installed the problem persist.

And I am saying that I think there are no problems when playing offline I think that I am experiencing those micro stutters only when playing online so it might be from the Intel I219-V LAN of the motherboard.

0 Kudos
AZlat2
Beginner

I bought a network card and figured out the problem is not from the network card.. :(

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Aleksandar,

Stop and listen. Between Al and I, we have over 70 years of experience handling these kinds of issues. We know what we are talking about. You obviously do not; you are making poor assumptions and conclusions left and right.

What (ad hoc) testing you have done does not eliminate the memory, storage, motherboard, dGPU, PSU or processor from being the problem. The fact that any component (dGPU or otherwise) worked in a previous setup does not mean that it cannot be responsible for the issues within this setup (the mere act of removing the dGPU card (for example) from the previous setup and installing it into this new setup could cause issues; I have seen this many times before). Passing a test using something like MemTest86/MemTest86+ provides a level of confidence in the memory, but does not eliminate it completely from being the source of this issue. Further, when I said it could be networking, I did not necessarily mean that there is an issue with the Ethernet PHY on this motherboard; the problem could be in the driver package, downstream of the system or occurring as a result of bad software configuration, etc.

As Al said, you are going to have to replace components, one at a time, to determine what it responsible. Hopefully, you have sources that you can use to (at least temporarily) obtain replacement parts for this testing without making expensive purchases (though everyone should have a USB Ethernet and Wireless dongles in their test kit). An alternative is to take specific components to a computer repair shop and have them test them there. They will usually do this for only a nominal fee.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
AZlat2
Beginner

with so much experience you don't understand what I am telling you.. I will repeat myself once again especially for you! I changed CPU, Motherboard and RAM and started experiencing stuttering in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive? how can I figure out if it's from the RAM, the CPU or the motherboard? knowing that it's not from the rest of the components?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Changing the CPU, motherboard, and ram is a MAJOR operation. You are minimalizing it.

I have given up on you, and I am no longer following this thread. See if you can get ASUS to help you.

Doc

0 Kudos