Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Hello, I am having an issue with my intel core i5 7400 processor. The test fails at Prime number in Intel diagnostic tool

JADVA1
Beginner

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello JADVA1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, the purpose of this test library is to test how fast the CPU can search for Prime numbers, reported as operations per second. Prime number generation will be based on the Sieve of Eratosthenes algorithm. The test program will test for unsigned integer type and within the numbers of 0-2³² for 32-bit platform.

Random comparison will be done to make sure the prime number generated is a valid prime number.

Just to confirm, besides the processor failing the Prime Number test, is there any problems with the performance of the computer?

Please uninstall the Intel® Processor Diagnostics Tool from "Apps and Features" and install the latest version 4.1.1.33:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

If the problem persists, could you please provide a screenshot or attach the report of the tool so we can verify the details of where the processor is failing?

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
JADVA1
Beginner

Hello Sir

Thanks for your quick response i reinstalled the software but facing the the same problem Intel diagnostic tool fail here i am attaching Intel diagnostic tool report

Regards

Jitin

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello JADVA1, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the picture.

Just to confirm, once the Intel® PDT shows that the unit fails at "Prime Number", after that, do you see if the testing continues all the way to the end or the test stops as soon as it shows that the processor failed?

Please provide the complete report of the tool, once the test is completed, select "File" then choose "View File Information" and attach that file to the thread.

Is there any other problem with the computer, are you able to use it normally?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
JADVA1
Beginner

Dear SIr

Right now i am not facing any other problem but sometime cpu get overheat and it show in bios cpu over temperature.. Here i am attaching the tool report

0 Kudos
JADVA1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JADVA1, Thank you very much for sharing those details and providing the report.

It is great to hear that the computer is working fine. According to the Intel® PDT report, the temperatures are fine, the Intel® Core™ i5-7400 processor has a T-junction of 100°C, any other result under that value is considered normal and expected.

According to the report, we can see also the following results:

Expected CPU Frequency: 3.00

Detected CPU Frequency: 3.38575

Expected Base Clock: 100

Detected Base Clock: 102.599

The Detected Base Clock should not be higher than 100, are you doing overclocking?

Please try a BIOS update to the latest version provided by the manufacturer of the board and also please make sure to set the BIOS settings to default values, sometimes the BIOS have enhancement features that overclock the processor automatically and that might be the reason why the Detected Base Clock is reaching 102.599.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JADVA1, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JADVA1, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos