Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

Hello I have a problem with updating chipset

MMiro5
Beginner

Whenever i open a intel driver update utility and scan my pc for update this window pops up

It seems that installation goes through ok and it asks me to restart computer and no error or warning or any kind of message would come up. So I just restart my computer and when i open intel driver update utility again and scan my pc it will find the very same update. So for some reason it either doesnt install or it doesn`t recognize that it is installed. I have win 10. intel i7 2670QM 2.2GHZ. Can you tell me why it is still finding the update over and over again. and/or if I can somehow check manualy if it is installed?

Thank you

Regards,

Miroslav Kovac

Slovakia

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello 1991mirec:

In regard to your inquiry, to manually verify if the chipset driver got properly installed, you just need to open device manager and choose "system devices", the look for "Intel® Series", right click on it a choose "properties" and then look for "driver", and you will see the driver version.

Remember that the Intel® driver update utility was design to work on Intel® motherboards, in this case if you have a laptop or if you are not using an Intel® board the best thing to do to get the drivers will be to download them from the manufacturer's web site or get in contact directly with them to get technical assistance in order to get them, that might be the reason why it is not detecting that the driver was installed.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello 1991mirec:

In regard to your inquiry, to manually verify if the chipset driver got properly installed, you just need to open device manager and choose "system devices", the look for "Intel® Series", right click on it a choose "properties" and then look for "driver", and you will see the driver version.

Remember that the Intel® driver update utility was design to work on Intel® motherboards, in this case if you have a laptop or if you are not using an Intel® board the best thing to do to get the drivers will be to download them from the manufacturer's web site or get in contact directly with them to get technical assistance in order to get them, that might be the reason why it is not detecting that the driver was installed.

Alberto

0 Kudos
MMiro5
Beginner

Hello Alberto

First I would like to apologize for late reaction on this. I manually checked and there was more than one Intel chipsets and all of them were of version 10.1.1.14. The exact version that it wanted to update. Except the last Intel thing (check the picture - highlighted one) - Intel management engine interface. Although it is not chipset and I personaly thing it is no even that important cause it should be just some interface update probably user interface but not sure, I thought it would be that one because it was of version 7.0.0.1144. So I updated it manually in device manager -> properties -> driver -> update driver but got version 11.0.0.1157. I guess it s not the one and it got updated already before using Intel utility app. I can t check anymore with Intel update driver utility because I get "do you want to install upgrade" screen with options of install or later and neither one of them works when I tap on them.

Anyway thank you for your time and advice.

sincerely

Miroslav Kovac

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 1991mirec:

Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

You are welcome, no problem at all, and yes you are right, probably it is just some interface update and as it was mentioned before the Intel® driver update utility might not be that accurate on a non Intel board.

Any other inquiry, please do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
MMiro5
Beginner

Hello Alberto

I marked your first answer as correct one if you need to you can close this question somehow. I accept this replay as it is. Thank you for your cooperation. It was a pleasure.

Regards

Miroslav Kovac

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 1991mirec:

Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Sure, no problem, I will close the case we just wanted to check if you needed further assistance.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 1991mirec:

I just wanted to check if you were able to verify if the chipset driver was properly installed and if the problem still persists or if it got resolved?

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 1991mirec:

We hope the issue with the chipset driver got resolved.

If you need further assistance with this case please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos