Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Hello. My PC's CPU intel core i9 9900k is always increasing temperature while I DON'T open or run any application on desktop. In contrast, it is normal temperature while I am working with design apps like AutoCAD, GOOGLE SketchUp, or etc.

UCHHE
Beginner

+ Not running program on desktop: Its temperature is between 75 degree c to 80 degree c.

+ Running program on desktop: Its temperature is normal between 51 degree c to 65 degree c.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file (using the paperclip under the toolbar).

Doc

0 Kudos
UCHHE
Beginner

This attachment is my PC info.

Please help me treat it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

One of the Intel support engineers will assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
UCHHE
Beginner
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello UCHHE,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about this issue.

• Are you using default BIOS settings in your system?
  • According to your motherboard manufacturer, there is a newer BIOS Version 1502 that improves system stability. Have you contacted your computer vendor to obtain more information about this update?
  • ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING Drivers

• Could you please let us know what you mean by "Not running program on desktop" vs. "Running program on desktop"?
  • Is it Windowed vs Full screen mode?
  • For testing purposes, try disabling the integrated graphics in the BIOS in case the temperature difference is coming from any extra load put on the processor package due to the integrated graphics. Consult with your motherboard manufacturer for further assistance regarding this procedure.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
UCHHE
Beginner
Yes, my system is just built, new build. The problem happened since it was built last month.
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello UCHHE,

Thank you for your response.

As soon as you have an update about the recommendations provided, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello UCHHE,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello UCHHE,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. Our recommendation is that you contact your motherboard manufacturer to make sure your system is running within specifications. The system is not up to date. For this reason, we suggest that you confirm this with your motherboard manufacturer first.

If you need any further assistance, please post a new question. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos