Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Hello, Processor issue in question is an i7-6700 3.4GHz purchased in Dell 3650, 2016-11-24. Windows 10 Pro installed.

BFrai1
Beginner

This system has work great until over the past 2 months I have experienced crash and screen freeze while running flight simulator games with the BSOD capturing crash data and restarting the PC. I have run the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and all run good until the step "CPULoad" and the PC will freeze and restart. From the dump report it indicates...... FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE_INTERNAL_TIMER

The PC works fine until running a simulator which increases load on the system. From extensive testing of other components (memory,GPU...etc) I believe this is a CPU processor issue and probably will have to be replaced. Looking for opinions.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello BFrai1,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

First, we would like to gather some information about your system configuration.

Please generate the following reports and attach them to this thread:

• Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) - Link
  1. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  2. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  3. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

• DxDiag
  1. Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.
  2. On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.
  3. On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.
  4. Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

• Were you able to run those Flight Simulator games before without experiencing any problems?
  • Please provide the names of the Flight Simulator games you are having issues with?
  • Does this problem occur if you launch other applications/games?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BFrai1
Beginner

Hi Wanner, yes these games have been running fine for over 2 years until a couple of months ago. The main simulator I use is x-plane 11 but I have tested using Microsoft FSX and Dovetail games simulator. The games will launch but after a few minutes they will freeze with the BSOD saving the crash information then doing a reboot.

0 Kudos
BFrai1
Beginner

DxDiag as requested

0 Kudos
BFrai1
Beginner

SSU as requested.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello BFrai1,

Thank you for your response.

Based on the reports attached, a video card, AMD Radeon* R9 360, is installed in your computer. Since these games are running with discrete graphics, we recommend following these steps to continue troubleshooting this behavior.

1. Are you able to enable the integrated graphics (Intel® HD Graphics 530.) and run these games? If so, please run the games with integrated graphics only and let us know if the issue persists.

2. If you can enable Intel® HD Graphics 530, try running the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and other applications and let us know if the computer experiences blue screens.

3. If your system experiences blue screens, then take a picture of the error message and attach it to the thread.

4. If applicable, make sure the graphics driver is up to date.

Intel® HD Graphics driver - Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
BFrai1
Beginner

Sounds like I have to enable it thru BIOS....but...If I can enable the integrated graphics do I move the monitor connection from the AMD card to the connector on the card with all the connections that came with the case?

I did have another graphics card installed (EVGA GEFORCE 1060 6GB) and had the issues with that card as well.

0 Kudos
BFrai1
Beginner

Wanner...online I have seen reference to a BIOS feature called "Intel Multi Display" , is that the feature you are referring to?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello BFrai1,

If you enable the integrated graphics, then it means that you have to use the video ports that are not on the video card. Please let us know if this is possible.

Now, as you were saying, you may need to go into BIOS to enable integrated graphics. However, you may want to check with your motherboard manufacturer, or your computer's guide, to know exactly how to do this since only your system manufacturer is familiar with your BIOS settings.

To know if the processor is failing, it is recommended to boot your computer using only the minimum number of components and check if your system reports high temperatures or any other problem while running the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

Other recommendations:

• Since the problem started happening a couple of months ago, this problem could also be related to a Windows* 10 update. Try uninstalling recent updates and check if the problem persists.
  • Have you made any changes in BIOS? Load BIOS default settings to make sure the processor is running within specifications.
  • Have you tried running these games in other computers to check if your computer experiences the same behavior?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
BFrai1
Beginner

Hi Wanner, well I turned on what I thought was the right BIOS setting but the monitor would not work on that VGA port built in the case. I have read that to possibly to get that port to work you have to remove the plugged in GPU then the port will come alive when PC is turned on. Because this failure happened on two(2) working GPU cards that trying the built in integrated GPU would have the same result.

I hope to be able to borrow a Intel CPU that is the same one that is installed in the PC and test it. If it passes we know what the problem is , but, if that test fails then maybe the motherboard is the issue. If it was a Windows 10 update I would think I would have seen that on the flight simulator forums online from other users .

The temperatures do not seem that high when the game is running only what you expect.

I might still try removing my installed GPU and see how the machine works, hopefully this will not cause other issues.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello BFrai1,

To know if the processor is faulty, it is recommended to test different scenarios. 

1. We would like to know if you experience the same problem with the minimum number of components installed in the computer. We recommend that you run different applications, including the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, and games to stress the processor.

Please attach the report generated by the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to this thread.

2. Please let us know if you can install another processor in your motherboard.

3. As you were saying, other components such as the motherboard could be failing.

As soon as you have any updates, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
BFrai1
Beginner

Hi Wanner, I was able to replace the CPU with the same version and ran the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and ALL TESTS PASSED. My original processor which would not fully pass the tests must be faulty...do you agree?

The simulator games are working good now.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello BFrai1,

Based on the information provided, our recommendation is that you can contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for further support and warranty options since it seems that your processor was preinstalled in a Dell* desktop system.

As advised by Al.Hill, you may also contact Intel Customer Support in your region.

Regards,

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
BFrai1
Beginner

Hello Wanner...Thank You for your help in troubleshooting my issue, looks like my Dell warranty was only 2 years and therefore I am on my own to resolve my issue, which is to purchase another CPU. Living in Canada make things a bit more difficult sometimes.

Cheers.

0 Kudos