Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Hello Team! I would ask you about performance Intel CPU witch 6 channels. Example 6132.

Dox777
Novice

I have a one server with Two CPU 6132.

Is a correct population: 6*16GB 2666 and 6*32GB 2666 ?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, Thank you for contacting us about this concern. Could you please so kind and provide us the model of the Server board that you are using? This is in order to provide you the most accurate information about this. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Dox777
Novice

Yes. of Course!

I 'm going to use Dell Server. Or Rack Dell PowerEdge R740 either Blade Dell M640.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, Thank you for the information provided. In this case there is a section on the technical product specification or guide of the Server Board that will indicate you the memory population rule. My best recommendation is to contact DELL in order to request an advice on this matter. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, I would like to know if you have any other question in order to assist you with. If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, By any chance, did you was able to find the Memory Population of the Server board? If you have any other question, please let me know in order to help you out. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, I was doing some research about this information and I found the following links: Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/poweredge-r740_reference-guide2_en-us.pdf Dell EMC PowerEdge M640 Blade Server https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/poweredge-m640_reference-guide_en-us.pdf Those links are for the Technical Specifications of each Server System respectively. You have the possibility to check the memory information and see if the information that you are looking for are there. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Dox777
Novice

Hello!

I saw differnet materials, and I found out some questions.

For example there is the document

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_software/esuprt_it_ops_datcentr_mgmt/high-computing-solution-resources_white-papers89_en-us.pdf

But unfortunetly I didn't see about my case: the population: 6*16GB 2666 and 6*32GB 2666 on the two-socket server, or 3*16GB 2666 and 3*32GB 2666 on the one socket.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, In this particular scenario my best recommendation will be to contact DELL EMC in order to make sure the information directly with them. If you have any other question related to the processor or any Intel product; please let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, I am following up your thread in order to make sure and see if you still need more information on this? If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, I have not seen any activity on this thread since many day ago. So, I am going to proceed and close it. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos